Planning a trip to the most magical place in the world? Take your purchases and savings to infinity and beyond with the Disney® Visa® Card from Chase! The Disney® Visa® Card is a rewards credit card with no annual fee and a good cash back rewards program for enthusiastic Disney fans.
This card earns you an unlimited 1% Disney Rewards Dollars on all your purchases and offers great perks to those who visit Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts or who enjoy shopping for Disney themed merchandise!
Plus, you can earn a $200 statement credit bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening with the Disney® Visa® Card!
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card - Earn unlimited 1.5% cashback on purchases plus $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in net purchases in the first 3 months. The Cash Wise Visa is a great card to have especially with the unlimited chances to earn cash back and no annual fees! Apply Now|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited® - Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. No minimum to redeem for cash back and your Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open. Plus, there's no annual fee to worry about! Apply Now|
|HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card - Earn $150 cash back when you make $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, plus earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases. Get the card with a cash back bonus, travel and shopping benefits, and more! Apply Now|
Table of Contents
Chase Disney Visa Card Credentials
Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards for 2018
With the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card:
• Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases
• Enjoy 1.8% cash rewards on qualified mobile wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Google PayTM, during the first 12 months from account opening
• No category restrictions or sign ups and cash rewards don't expire as long as your account remains open
• Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
• $0 Annual Fee
• Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions
Chase Disney Visa Card Pros & Cons
Chase Disney Visa Card Points
- It’s important to remember that, although you earn Disney Dream Reward Dollars by using the card, it’s still considered a 1 % cash-back card. As such, you are limited in the number of ways you can maximize points.
- Obviously, the more you use the card, the more Disney Dream Reward Dollars you will accumulate. But don’t go overboard with your spending to increase your cash-back amount! Any interest accrued on a balance you can’t pay off will always offset rewards earned.
- One Disney Dream Reward Dollar is equal to $1 when you redeem them for Disney products and offerings. Whether you redeem for a $99 Walt Disney World Park ticket or a $55.95 Star Wars costume, Disney Dream Reward Dollars are always worth $1 each.
- You do have quite a few options for using your Disney Rewards Redemption Card, whether purchasing a voucher or vacation rewards. However, all of your redemption options are of course Disney-related.
- Consider it a great way to budget your spending, or to give your kids a gift that makes them feel like they have their own money to spend!
Chase Disney Visa Card Approval Odds
The Disney® Visa® Card is a middle tier card that might require an above average credit score. A good credit score range would be recommended in order to be approved for this card.
If you would like to learn more and even check your credit score, refer to our post about Free Credit Score.
Chase Disney Visa Card Bonuses
The Disney® Visa® Card comes with a Disney gift card after your first purchase with the card’s current sign-up bonus for new cardmembers. It’s ideal for a shopping trip at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and other select locations.
With the card, get 1% cash-back on all purchases good for Disney Reward Dream Dollars, which will be worth $1 each. Unlike other credit cards, there’s no limit to the number of reward dollars you can earn!
- Sign-up Bonus
- Earn a $200 statement credit bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening with the Disney® Visa® Card!
- The card can be applied toward online and offline purchases of Disney merchandise at Disney-branded retail locations, purchases on Disney resort grounds and cruise ships, and purchases of Disney experiences and vacation packages. Keep in mind that this is a physical gift card that cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Earning Disney Rewards
- All purchases made with this card earn an unlimited 1% back. Rewards take the form of Disney reward dollars (points), which have a fixed redemption value of $0.01 per point.
- Redeeming Disney Rewards
- Reward dollars can be redeemed for a wide range of Disney-branded purchases, including clothing, DVDs, toys, movie tickets, Disney theme park tickets, Disney resort lodging, Disney restaurant dining, and more. However, reward dollars cannot be redeemed for cash, non-Disney merchandise, travel, or anything else.
- Disney and Star Wars Merchandise Discounts
- In addition to the Disney reward dollars system, this card offers a slew of financial benefits for Disney enthusiasts. For instance, cardholders earn 10% discounts on merchandise purchases worth $50 or more at select retailers on the grounds of Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disney’s Beach Resort destinations, and the Aulani Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii.
- Disney Dining Discounts
- Cardholders also get 10% discounts on dining purchases at select restaurants on the grounds of Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
- Disney Recreation Discounts
- Cardholders get 10% off the full, non-discounted price of select recreation experiences at Walt Disney World and Disneyland, including carriage rides and horseback trail rides.
- Exclusive Access to Disney and Star Wars Events at Disney Resorts and Stores
- Cardholders have exclusive access to cardholder-only locations reserved for meet-and-greets and photo opportunities with popular Disney characters. These locations can be found on the grounds of Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
- VIP Theatrical Performance Admission
- Cardholders automatically get VIP treatment at select Disney Broadway performances, including “Aladdin” and “The Lion King.” VIP packages include complimentary drinks, keepsake photographs, and preferred seating.
- Choice of Card Faces
- You can choose from one of 10 available card designs. Options include “Sorcerer Mickey,” Star Wars droids, Yoda, Darth Vader, “Pixie Dust,” and more.
- Special Financing on Disney Vacation Packages and Real Estate Purchases
- The Disney Visa Card comes with a somewhat unorthodox financing promotion that waives interest on purchases of select Disney vacation packages and ownership interests in Disney resort real estate for 6 months from the date of purchase. Following the 6-month mark, such purchases accrue interest at the regular purchase rate of 16.24%, subject to variation with prevailing interest rates.
- Important Fees
- This card has no annual fee, but there is a 3% foreign transaction fee. Balance transfers cost the greater of $5 or 3% of the transferred amount, while cash advances cost the greater of $10 or 3%. Late payments cost up to $35, and returned payments cost up to $29.
Chase Disney Visa Card Other Unique Features
The Disney® Visa® Card does not have as many purchase and travel benefits as other cash-back cards. However, it does have a few. Here is a list of those and the rest of the benefits.
- Purchase protection – Get reimbursed for damaged or stolen purchases up to $500 within 120 days.
- Extended warranty protection – Add 1 year to eligible manufacturer’s warranties.
- Baggage delay insurance – Receive up to $100 a day for 3 days when essential purchases are delayed more than 6 hours by the carrier.
- Disney and Star Wars character meet & greets – Receive special privileges in designated areas for card holders to meet and greet with the various Disney and Star Wars characters. Great way to skip having to wait in the long lines!
- Savings on select merchandise, dining, and guided tours – The card offers special discounts and savings on a variety of things. See the card benefits package you receive or the terms and conditions online for more details, because there are certain exclusions.
- 0% APR for 6 months on Disney vacations – A great way to finance a trip if you need to. Note that the 0% APR only applies to certain vacations, so you’ll likely have to do some research or call to make sure the one you want is covered!
- Save 10% on select Disney and Star Wars merchandise for purchases over $50 – The savings can change at any time, but in general you will save 10% on all merchandise purchases valued at $50 or more for Disney and Star Wars.
- Redeem cash-back toward Disney services and products – Redeem cash-back for Disney theme park tickets, resort stays, dining, Disney movie tickets, DVDs, toys, costumes and more.
The Disney® Visa® Card is a decent credit card if you look at it from a cash back standpoint. This card is focused towards Disney perks and it does indeed deliver when it comes to saving on everything Disney!
It’s inarguable that the Disney® Visa® Card has an excellent lineup of valuable perks for Disney enthusiasts, including discounts on merchandise purchases and special financing for spendy vacation packages. Just remember that most of these perks require you to spend money. From a purely financial perspective, you’d be better off avoiding them completely – though that’s easier said than done when the magic of Disney beckons.
Visiting a Disney resort is not cheap. If you’re planning a Disney vacation, you need to budget for airfare or road travel, lodging, food, and theme park and attraction admission – all before you spend a dime on Disney-branded merchandise.
The Disney® Visa® Card is great for earning Disney points and saving money on all things Disney. Besides that, this credit card is lackluster with only 1% cash back. Overall, I think the Chase Disney Visa presents sufficient benefits for most hardcore Disney fans to justify having one. It shouldn’t be your primary credit card, though, but rather one you store away in your wallet to serve as an additional line of credit and for ancillary perks.
If this card did not appeal to you, visit our complete credit card bonuses list for more offers! Review our complete list of Credit Card Bonus Promotions and remember, as with all cards, terms and limitations apply.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get $750 when you open a Premier checking account and make recurring Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000 from a third party per calendar month for 3 consecutive months from the first full calendar month after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|TD Bank Checking Bonus: Earn $300 with the Beyond Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $2,500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. Earn $150 with the Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account.
Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with free Chase Debit Card, Mobile Check Deposit, Banker guidance, Text banking and QuickPay with Zelle. Get Coupon---Chase College Checking Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM – Earn $300 bonus when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit. The Chase Premier Checking account comes with free Chase Debit Card, free Online Banking and Online Bill Pay, free Mobile Banking, free Account Alerts, and free access to 16,000 Chase ATMs & nearly 5,000 branches. Apply Now---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review|