Owners of the Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Flex cards will be happy to hear that Chase has officially announced their 5% cash back categories for the first quarter (Q1) of 2021. Cardholders will be able to earn cashback on purchases for various categories in quarter 1 (Q1) from January until the end March.
The activation link is conveniently placed below for Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex cardholders. Sign up to enroll for the quarter 1 (Q1) 5% cash back categories!
If you’re not a Chase Freedom cardholder, then you might want to hear about its fantastic benefits. See our review of the Chase Freedom Flex card for its features and benefits.
(Activate Your 5% at Chase)
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Chase Freedom Flex Summary
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex 2021 Q1 Categories
You’ll earn 5% cash back from Chase on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in the bonus categories below from 1/1/2021 – 3/31/2021:
- Wholesale Clubs
- Phone Services
- Select Streaming Services
You will need to active by March 14, 2021 to start earning the 5% cash back.
Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex 5% Categories
Below are the categories for 2020:
- January-March 2020: Gas stations, select streaming services and internet, cable and phone services
- April-June 2020: Grocery stores (excluding Target and Walmart), select streaming services, gym memberships and fitness clubs
- July-September 2020: Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market
- October-December 2020: Walmart and PayPal
Below are the categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Wholesale Clubs, Internet, Cable, & Phone Services, Select Streaming Services (Activate by March 14, 2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations & Home Improvement Stores (Activate starting March 15, 2021)
- July-September 2021: Grocery Stores (excluding Target & Walmart) and Select Streaming Services (Activate starting June 15, 2021)
- October-December 2021: PayPal and Walmart (Activate starting September 15, 2021)
The Chase Freedom® card offers a fantastic introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers and no annual fee. Additionally you can earn 5% cash back on select categories.
You can keep up with the other Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex 5% Categories:
- Chase Freedom Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Chase Freedom Third Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Chase Freedom Fourth Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
(Activate Your 5% at Chase)