Update(4/7): Many have indicate that Whole Foods DOES earn 5x with the Freedom ‘Amazon’ category, despite that it’s not mentioned in the terms.
Owners of the Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Flex cards will be happy to hear that Chase has officially announced their 5% cash back categories for the second quarter (Q2). Cardholders will be able to earn cashback on purchases for various categories in quarter 2 (Q2) from April until the end June.
The activation link is conveniently placed below for Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex cardholders. Sign up to enroll for the quarter 2 (Q2) 5% cash back categories!
If you’re not a Chase Freedom cardholder, then you might want to hear about its fantastic benefits. See our review of the Chase Freedom Flex card for its features and benefits.
(Activate Your 5% at Chase)
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up to $625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Chase Freedom Flex Summary
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
Chase Freedom 2022 2nd Quarter Categories
Earn 5% cash back from Chase on up to $1,500 in combined purchases at Amazon.com and on Select Streaming Services from 4/1/2022 – 6/30/2022.Same page link to Terms and Conditions reference
Chase Freedom Flex / Freedom 5% Cashback Categories
Below are the categories for 2022:
- January-March 2022: Grocery Stores (excluding Target® and Walmart®) and eBay (Activate by March 14, 2022)
- April-June 2022: Amazon.com and on Select Streaming Services (Activate by June 14, 2022)
- July-September 2022: TBA
- October-December 2022: TBA
Below are the categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Wholesale Clubs, Internet, Cable, & Phone Services, Select Streaming Services (Activate by March 14, 2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations & Home Improvement Stores (Activate starting March 15, 2021)
- July-September 2021: Grocery Stores (excluding Target & Walmart) and Select Streaming Services (Activate starting June 15, 2021)
- October-December 2021: PayPal and Walmart (Activate starting September 15, 2021)
Below are the categories for 2020:
- January-March 2020: Gas stations, select streaming services and internet, cable and phone services
- April-June 2020: Grocery stores (excluding Target and Walmart), select streaming services, gym memberships and fitness clubs
- July-September 2020: Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market
- October-December 2020: Walmart and PayPal
The Chase Freedom® card offers a fantastic introductory 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers and no annual fee. Additionally you can earn 5% cash back on select categories.
You can keep up with the other Chase Freedom / Freedom Flex 5% Categories:
- Chase Freedom First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Chase Freedom Third Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Chase Freedom Fourth Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
(Activate Your 5% at Chase)