CIT Bank is an online financial institution that aims to earn high yield savings, and has various account options to go about it. It offers accounts for savings and multiple CDs, including a no-penalty CD.
There are no monthly service fees, but both the savings and money market requires a $100 minimum deposit while term CDs require a $1,000 minimum.
However, CIT Bank doesn’t have any ATMs, but the bank will reimburse you up to $15 per month for other banks’ ATM fees.
Continue reading below to learn more about if their services are legit.
|6-Month Term||5.00% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank No Penalty CD||4.90% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Platinum Savings||4.85% APY||Review|
|13-Month Term||4.65% APY||Review|
|18-Month Term||4.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Connect||4.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||1.55% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||1.00% APY||Review|
Does CIT Bank have branches?
Since CIT Bank is an online bank, it does not have physical branches. They do have one office location which is their headquarter.
75 North Fair Oaks Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103
Please keep in mind that this is only their headquarters’ office, so it’s not a place where you walk in and do any banking related business.
Does CIT Bank have ATMs?
CIT Bank eChecking account comes with a Mastercard debit that you can use to make ATM transactions. Since CIT is an online bank, it doesn’t have its own ATM network.
CIT will reimburse up to $15 in ATM fees charged by other banks at the end of every monthly statement period. So you have the flexibility to use any ATM you want and not worry about any fees.
Can CIT customers use OneWest?
OneWest Bank is a division of CIT Bank, but CIT and OneWest operates as separate banks. So, no a CIT Bank customer can’t visit a OneWest branch for their banking needs.
Although, they operate separately, they’re still considered the same financial institution. So the money held between both banks would count jointly toward the $250,000 FDIC insurance limit.
How to Manage Your Account
CIT customers can manage their account online on the web browser or on CIT’s mobile banking app. Get the benefits of digital convenience and the ease of online banking by:
CIT Customer Service
If you find yourself with questions about CIT’s operations, they have multiple customer service lines running from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST on the weekdays. On the weekends, the lines operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and are closed on Sundays.
CIT Bank’s customer service numbers are:
- 855-462-2652 (within the U.S.)
- 626-535-8964 (outside the U.S., toll number)
- 866-914-1578 (fax)
Other Ways to Contact CIT
- Online and Mobile Banking: Customers can send CIT secure emails through their online account. Online and mobile banking is available 24/7.
- Automated Phone Line: d
- Mail In: You can mail banking forms and checks to:
CIT Bank, N.A.
P.O. Box 7056
Pasadena, CA 91109-9699
- Email Forms: You can also email banking forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax: CIT’s fax number is 866-914-1578.
What CIT Offers
CIT’s eChecking account offers tiered interest as well as no monthly fees or minimum balance required! You get a Mastercard debit card and get up to $15 reimbursed in ATM fees charged by other banks per month.
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 1.00% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
Learn more about CIT Bank Savings Builder from CIT Bank. Our full list of CIT Bank bonuses here.
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Learn more about CIT Bank Money Market. Our full list of CIT Bank bonuses here.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 4.90% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Learn more about CIT Bank CDs. Our full list of CIT Bank bonuses here.
How to Open an Account with CIT
1. Open Account
To open a new bank account, you’ll have a to provide your name, address, phone, email, and Social Security number or other taxpayer ID.
2. Fund Account
Fund your account via electronic transfer from a linked checking or savings account, bank wire, or mail-in check.
3. Verify Micro Deposits
CIT Bak will make two tests micro deposits to your funding account, so this way they can check that you are the owner of the bank account.
Then within three business days, you’ll receive an email asking you to verify the micro deposits. So as soon as you verified them, CIT Bank will process the transaction to fund your new account.
If you are more interested in earning high yield savings than anything else when it comes to banking, then CIT Bank would be right up your ally. If you’re interested in banking with CIT Bank, see our list of the latest CIT Bank Bonuses! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
Leave a Reply