Citizens Tri-County Bank offers a wide selection of account options. To find out if Citizens Tri-County Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Since Citizens Tri-County Bank is a local bank, you might have to call them or visit your local branch to discuss further details about account options.
Their website also doesn’t display a large amount of information, but they have a good variety of different accounts to explore.
They also have very low monthly fees that are for the most waiveable compared to some of the opening deposits.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Citizens Tri-County Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens Tri-County Bank
- 9 Citizens Tri-County Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Citizens Tri-County Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Citizens Tri-County Bank offers two checking accounts with similar benefits.
You can open this account with $100.
There is a $8.95 monthly fee, but if you sign up for eStatements, it can be reduced to $8.45.
A business checking account that can be opened with $100.
There is a $5 monthly fee, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $500.
A senior checking account that only requires an opening deposit of $100 and then no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements to worry about afterwards.
This is an interest bearing account and you will still need $100 to open it.
If you keep a daily balance of $100 you can waive the $6 monthly fee.
This is a high interest earning account and will need a larger opening deposit of $500.
You can also waive the $5 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $500.
This account earns competitive interest rates and will require a large opening of $2,500.
You can also waive the $5 monthly fee if you can keep a daily balance of $2,500.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Citizens Tri-County Bank has two savings accounts that are standard but both can earn interest.
You can open this savings account with $100.
There is a $4.99 monthly fee, but to waive it all you need a small daily balance of $5.
This is a holiday savings account that bears interest and you will need a minimum deposit of at least $25 to open it.
There is also also an early closure fee of $25, so choose carefully.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Citizens Tri-County Bank has one money market that earns tiered interest rates. You will have once again open this account in person.
Money Market Account:
- Open this account with $2,500
- Waive the $5 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $2,500
- This account earns tiered interest rates
- You are allowed up to 6 transfers per statement cycle
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with Citizens Tri-County Bank
- They offer a large variety of checking accounts.
- They provide 24-hour banking service lines, but varies depending on locations.
- Provides a senior citizen checking account.
- Their monthly fees are really low and most are easily waiveable.
- A lot of their accounts earn competitive or tiered interest rates.
- If you prefer banking in person, it might be more beneficial to visit a physical branch.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Citizens Tri-County Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens Tri-County Bank
- They are only located in Tennessee. They have a total of 26 physical branches.
- Odd ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- Lacking in savings account options.
- You might actually have to make an account on their website first to find additional information, otherwise they don’t provide much information.
- Their website is not convenient in terms of finding hours or contact information. You would have to check the locations page mostly.
- Their customer service isn’t opened on weekends.
- Their online website honestly lacks crucial information that other banks have.
- Lacking a youth checking or savings acocunt.
Citizens Tri-County Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Citizens Tri-County Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Citizens Tri-County Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
Citizens Tri- County Bank doesn’t seem to have one phone number for customer service, so it would be best to check their website for location and numbers.
They offer 24-hour banking, but it depends on the location.
How Citizens Tri-County Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Fifth Third Bank: Fifth Third Bank has a lot of account options that are similar, except they offer accounts for students or military personnels as well.
If you happen to live in Tennessee and prefer smaller, local banks and would rather open an account in person, then Citizens Tri-County Bank is right up your ally.
Their website is not the most navigable or user-friendly because it lacks a lot of information. It seems that they encourage you to open an account in person if you would like to discuss benefits or other options such as CDs.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Citizens Tri-County Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!