City National Bank of West Virginia offers a grand selection of account options. To find out if City National Bank of West Virginia is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They offer a free online checking account that can easily waive any monthly fees and requirements as long as you sign up for eStatements.
In addition to that, they also provide a checking account specifically for social workers to earn interest while they serve our community, and to top it off, they even offer second chance checking as well with a few balance requirements to consider.
Checking Account Options
City National Bank of West Virginia has a good selection of checking accounts.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have, but you will have to call them to find out opening deposits.
This interest bearing checking account comes with check writing privileges.
There are no minimum balance requirements, but there is an unavoidable monthly fee of $5.
An online checking account that is completely free!
There are no minimum balance requirements, and you can waive the monthly fee by enrolling in eStatements.
Your first order of checks are also free.
This interest bearing account is available for those who are social workers such as teachers, police, veterans or those in a medical profession
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, and interest can be earned on all balances.
A senior citizen checking account available to those 55 or older.
There is yet again no monthly fee of minimum balance requirements.
A checking account for all the high balance earners.
There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it as long as you maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
A second chance checking account that requires no minimum balance requirements.
There is a monthly fee of $8.99, but to waive it by $2, you will have to compensate by signing up for direct deposit.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
City National Bank of West Virginia has a few savings accounts.
You might have to contact City National Bank of West Virginia to find out information about opening deposits and balance requirements because they do not clearly display all of them on their website.
This is a standard savings account that can be opened at any City National Bank location.
There is a $3 monthly fee, but you can waive it by maintaining a daily balance of $200.
If you link your City checking account to a savings one, you can automatically transfer funds.
A health savings account for those who have a HDHP.
You will need a minimum deposit of at least $50 to open this account.
Your funds will roll over to next year if you don’t spend it.
You won’t have to pay any taxes either if you decide to withdraw funds.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB223 by 06/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 3.90% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB223 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 6/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 4.00% APY as of 5/31/23 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
City National Bank of West Virginia has one money market account that earns competitive interest rates.
Liquid Gold Money Market Account:
- Open this account with $1,000
- There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $1,000
- Earns high-yield money market rates
- Up to 6 free withdrawals per month
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.95% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.90% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
City National Bank of West Virginia offers CDs that earn really high, competitive interest rates. You open each CD with $5,000..
To find out more information, you can call City National Bank of West Virginia or click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 2.00% APY up to 4.75% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 5.00% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with City National Bank of W.V
- Offers a large variety of checking accounts that requires no minimum balance requirements or low monthly fees.
- Has a social worker checking account for those who are actively serving the community.
- Provides a completely free online checking account.
- Has a second chance checking account with a few requirements.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Their money market account earns pretty high rates.
- They have a 24 hour service banking line.
- They have a holiday savings account.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the City National Bank of West Virginia mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with City National Bank of W.V
- They are only located Virginia (West), Kentucky and Ohio with 86 branches in total.
- You will have to either call or visit a physical branch to find out additional information on their savings account.
- You also have to call to open a CD or money market account.
- Lacking a youth checking or savings account.
- Doesn’t have a senior savings account to link with their checking account.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
City National Bank of West Virginia Routing Number
The routing number for City National Bank of West Virginia varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your City National Bank of West Virginia check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach City National Bank of West Virginia at 888-816-8064.
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday at 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
How City National Bank of W.V Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in either Virginia, Kentucky or Ohio and are looking for variety when it comes to opening a checking account, City National Bank of West Virginia has a large selection to choose from.
Not only do they offer standard accounts, but also special ones such as eChecking, Community Hero Checking and Bounce Back checking. They don’t seem to have too high of opening deposits or balance requirements either.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If City National Bank of West Virginia has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
Leave a Reply