Community State Bank has decent account options but rewards you for your spendings! To find out if Community State Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They have a checking account that offers cash rewards and the rewards depend on your purchases.
They also have a First-Time Homebuyer savings account that is designed for saving towards a down payment.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Community State Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Community State Bank
- 11 Community State Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Community State Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Community State Bank offers a decent range of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Open this account with $100 and enjoy no minimum balance requirements.
As long as your account is active, you won’t have to pay a monthly fee.
With a $100 opening deposit, you can start earning cash rewards.
The rewards depends on your credit card purchases. You earn either $2 or $5 monthly.
This checking account earns interest and will need $100 to open it.
You can start earning interest on combined deposits of $5,000 of more.
A checking account for customers who are 50 and over.
This account earns variable interest for balances $1,500 or more.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
There is a $10 monthly fee if you can’t meet any of the minimum balance requirements.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Community State Bank has several savings accounts that are all different.
This savings account is for minors under 18, and it can be open with $25. This is account also earns interest.
There are no minimum balance requirements either.
This is a standard savings account that can be open with a minimum deposit of $100.
With a $100 opening deposit, you can open this account designed for the purpose of saving for a down payment on a house.
There is a small fee of $1.50 if your daily balance falls below $100 however.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Community State Bank has one money market that earns tiered interest rates.
Money Market Savings:
- Open with $1,000
- Waive the $10 monthly fee by maintaining a daily balance of $1,000
- This account earns tiered interest rates
- You are allowed up to 6 transfers per statement cycle
- Free Online Banking and Bill Pay
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Community State Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. You will need a minimum deposit of $2,000 to open any of their CDs.
Their CDs earn high competitive rates and the terms range from 91 days – 5 years.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Community State Bank
- A lot of their accounts don’t require a monthly fee nor minimum balance requirements.
- Provides a senior citizen checking account.
- Offers a children’s savings account.
- They have a unique homebuyer’s savings account for down payments.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They have easily waiveable monthly fees and not too high minimum balance requirements.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Community State Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Community State Bank
- They are only located in Iowa. They have a total of 11 physical branches.
- Absence of a children checking account since there is a savings one.
- Lacking a senior savings account.
- Lack of holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
- Their customer service isn’t opened on weekends.
Community State Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Community State Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Community State Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
Community State Bank has a 24-hour telephone banking service line. You can reach it at 515-331-3100.
A customer representative will be available to speak to you during these hours:
- Monday to Friday at 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 pm
- Saturday at 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
How Community State Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you happen to live in Iowa and prefer smaller, local banks and would rather open an account in person, then Community State Bank is perfect for you.
Their account selection may be small, but they have unique ones offering cash back rewards another and other benefits.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Community State Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!