You can now activate the bonus categories offers for the Discover it credit card for the first quarter of 2021.
Did you hear that Discover It just released their First quarter categories? Discover It® members will be excited to hear about the new 5% cashback bonus categories for the First quarter of 20210.
Activation is available now, and you can also activate your Q1 if you haven’t done so. Simply log into your Discover account to activate your first Quarter 5% Cashback Categories!
Discover It Card owners should also take note of the available cash back opportunities during the first quarter. Make sure to register your card so you can save some money while improving your home and in wholesale.
Table of Contents
Discover 5% Cashback 2021 Q1 Categories
Earn 5% Cash Back on the following categories: Grocery Stores, Walgreens, and CVS.
Terms: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Grocery Stores (stand-alone), Walgreens (stand-alone) and CVS (stand-alone) from 1/1/21 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 3/31/21, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Grocery Store purchases now also includes Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery purchases only; other purchases at Walmart are not eligible. Purchases made at convenience stores, gas stations, warehouse clubs, discount stores, supercenters (or at grocery stores associated with supercenters or discount stores) are not eligible. Target purchases are not eligible. Walgreens and CVS purchases include only purchases made in-store at Walgreens or CVS, online at Walgreens.com or CVS.com, or through the Walgreens or CVS app. Individual merchants and stand-alone stores within physical Walgreens or CVS locations (including health centers), or on Walgreens.com or CVS.com, may not be eligible in this category. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
(Learn more at Discover)
Discover 5% Upcoming Cashback Categories
Below are the cash back categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations, Wholesale Clubs and Select Streaming Services (Activation begins 2/1/2021)
- July-September 2021: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2021)
- October-December 2021: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com (Activation begins 8/1/2021)
Below are 2020’s cash back categories:
- January-March 2020: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2020)
- April-June 2020: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs (Activation begins 2/1/2020)
- July-September 2020: Restaurants and Paypal (Activation begins 5/1/2020)
- October-December 2020: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com AND Best Buy (11/25/2020 through 12/31/2020) (Activation begins 8/1/2020)
If you don’t have the Discover It®, you might be excited to hear that it has a 0% APR for 14 months on balance transfers, no annual fee, no fee for your first late payment, no over limit fee, no fee for payments by phone, and no foreign transaction fees.
In addition to these already great features, all eligible purchases made with your Discover card are protected for up to $500 during the first 90 days if they’re stolen or accidentally damaged. Learn more about this magnificent card in our Discover It review.
To learn more about the remaining quarters, view the:
- Discover It Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Third Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Fourth Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
Other 5% Cash Back Card to Consider
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.