For those with a Discover It® Credit Card, the new 5% cash back bonus categories have just been announced for the Fourth quarter of 2021.
Activation starts October 1st and you can still activate it before the year ends. Discover It Card owners should also take note of the available cash back opportunities during the 2021 Fourth quarter. Make sure to register your card, so you can save some money while purchasing groceries and your essentials!
Table of Contents
Discover 5% Cashback 2021 Q4 Categories
Earn 5% Cash Back on the following categories: Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and Target.com.
Terms: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com from 10/1/21 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 12/31/21, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, including digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace. Purchases also include those made in-store at Amazon Go, Amazon Bookstore, and Amazon 4-Star. The Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are trademarks of Amazon or its Affiliates. Walmart.com purchases include only those made at Walmart.com and when shopping through the Walmart app (including Grocery Pick Up and Delivery). Purchases made through affiliates of Walmart.com are not part of this promotion. The Walmart.com logo is a registered trademark of Walmart Inc. Target.com purchases include only purchases made online at Target.com or through the Target app. Purchases made through affiliates of Target.com are not part of this promotion, including, but not limited to, targetoptical.com and targetphoto.com. Target and the Bullseye Design are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
(Learn more at Discover)
Discover 5% Upcoming Cashback Categories
Below are the cash back categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations, Wholesale Clubs and Select Streaming Services (Activation begins 2/1/2021)
- July-September 2021: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2021)
- October-December 2021: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com (Activation begins 8/1/2021)
Below are 2020’s cash back categories:
- January-March 2020: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2020)
- April-June 2020: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs (Activation begins 2/1/2020)
- July-September 2020: Restaurants and Paypal (Activation begins 5/1/2020)
- October-December 2020: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com AND Best Buy (11/25/2020 through 12/31/2020) (Activation begins 8/1/2020)
If you don’t have the Discover It®, you might be excited to hear that it has a 0% APR for 14 months on balance transfers, no annual fee, no fee for your first late payment, no over limit fee, no fee for payments by phone, and no foreign transaction fees.
In addition to these already great features, all eligible purchases made with your Discover card are protected for up to $500 during the first 90 days if they’re stolen or accidentally damaged. Learn more about this magnificent card in our Discover It Review.
To learn more about the remaining quarters, view the:
- Discover It First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Third Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
Other 5% Cash Back Card to Consider
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.