Current Discover It® cardholders will be excited to hear about the new additional 5% cashback bonus categories for the Third quarter of 2021.
Activation will be available starting on May 1st – log into your Discover account to remind yourself to activate your 3rd Quarter 5% cashback categories! Don’t forget to see our complete list of Discover Bank Promotions!
Discover It Card owners should also take note of the available cash back opportunities during the 2021 Third quarter. Make sure to register your card so you can save some money while improving your home and in wholesale.
Table of Contents
Discover 5% Cashback 2021 Q3 Categories
Earn 5% Cash Back on the following categories: Restaurants & PayPal.
Terms: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Restaurants and PayPal from 7/1/21 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 9/30/21, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Restaurant purchases include only those made at merchants classified as full-service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias and fast food locations. PayPal qualifying purchases are those made through the PayPal wallet online, when you send money to Friends and Family via PayPal using your Discover Card, and point-of-sale transactions using PayPal Here. Payments made through the Xoom transfer service are not eligible for 5%. Any restaurant purchase made using PayPal will only be awarded a total of 5% Cashback Bonus. PayPal, the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal or its Affiliates. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
(Learn more at Discover)
Discover It 2021 5% Upcoming Cashback Categories
Below are the cash back categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations, Wholesale Clubs and Select Streaming Services (Activation begins 2/1/2021)
- July-September 2021: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2021)
- October-December 2021: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com (Activation begins 8/1/2021)
Below are 2020’s cash back categories:
- January-March 2020: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2020)
- April-June 2020: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs (Activation begins 2/1/2020)
- July-September 2020: Restaurants and Paypal (Activation begins 5/1/2020)
- October-December 2020: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com AND Best Buy (11/25/2020 through 12/31/2020) (Activation begins 8/1/2020)
If you don’t have the Discover It®, you might be excited to hear that it has a 0% APR for 14 months on balance transfers, no annual fee, no fee for your first late payment, no over limit fee, no fee for payments by phone, and no foreign transaction fees.
In addition to these already great features, all eligible purchases made with your Discover card are protected for up to $500 during the first 90 days if they’re stolen or accidentally damaged. Learn more about this magnificent card in our Discover It review.
To learn more about the remaining quarters, view the:
- Discover It First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Fourth Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
Other 5% Cash Back Card to Consider
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.