Ellevest is a financial service is designed by women for women and they offer a variety of tools for their users. It includes a robo-advisor that is designed to create and manage a more personalized investment portfolio for you.
So how does it work? Ellevest works just like any other robo-advisors, just sign up and choose which features you want and pay a monthly fee and they’ll take care of the rest for you.
You can choose from three different tiers of services starting at $1 per month: Ellevest Essential, Ellevest Plus and Ellevest Executive. Each membership tier provides access to professional help, free resources and an investing porfolio managed by Ellevest’s investing algorithm.
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash & free trades||Review|
|WeBull||2 Free Stocks & free trades||Review|
|SoFi Invest||$50 Bonus and free trades||Review|
Table of Contents
Ellevest Quick Summary
|Account Types||Taxable investment, retirement, banking
|Broker Assisted Trade||N/A|
|Customer Service||9 a.m. – 6 p.m. EST, Monday – Friday|
|Fees||Tiers based on membership — $1, $5 or $9 per month|
They’ll create and manage a personalized investment portfolio for their members. It’s the only investing tool built by women, for women.
Why for women? From the start the investing industry was built by men, for men and their tools were failing women. Their investment algorithm factors in important realities for women, such as pay gaps, career breaks, and longer average lifespans.
Ellevest’s Investment strategy is to create an investment portfolio using a thoughtful mix of stock, bond, and alternative funds. This kind of diversification is intended to help reduce your portfolio’s overall risk. If you support Impact Portfolio, then you also support:
- Women in Leadership: Invest in companies that have women in leadership roles and policies that advance women
- Community Development: Invest in funds that support loans for affordable housing and community services
- Sustainable Practices: Invest in companies with higher standards for ethical and sustainability practices
How to get started:
- Share a few details about your money, life, and career, so Ellevest can create a plan just right for you.
- Then you’ll get your investment plan where they’ll recommend a low-cost, diversified investment portfolio and invest your money to help you reach you money goals.
- There’s no minimum deposit to find your plan, just simply link your bank account and start investing.
- Ellevest will do the rest for you, so if you’re investments starts to get far away from their target points, they’ll take it back in line for you and do their best to minimize the taxes.
Get on demand help with Ellevest Learning with quick tips, challenges, and workshops to help you do more for your money and career.
It’s all about you from career moves to what to do with your money, discover everything you want to know. Learn from experienced career coaches and financial planners who want you to succeed.
- Digital Workshops: Learn from a team of financial planners and career coaches.
- In-App Learning: Useful tips, videos, and articles you can access anywhere.
- Courses & Guides: Sign up to go at your own pace from your inbox.
- Personalized progress reports: Keeping you and your money goals on track.
Ellevest Coaching can help you get where you want to go. You can take your money and career to the next level with your Ellevest member discount.
You can start off by picking a session, get access to coaching sessions designed to help you prioritize your goals and build strengths.
Then meet your coach and start to work with a team of career coaches and financial planners who want you to succeed.
Finally, get your plan and you walk away from each session with a realistic and actionable plan for your money or career.
You can start thinking about your financial future and begin investing for a retirement through Ellvest Plus or Ellevest Executive money membership. They made retirement easy for you!
Make sure to know you number and they’ll recommend how much you should save by the time your retire. Ellevest will factor in important realities of women’s lives, such as pay gaps, career breaks, and longer lifespans.
They’ll help you stay on track by investing and managing your money for you. Then they’ll make adjustments as you get closer to retirement.
Ellevest Banking lets you access your money wherever you go, you can make unlimited withdrawals at any ATM and they’ll reimburse the fees. Not only that, all account are FDIC insured up to $250,000.
Every time you spend, automatically round up the extra change from your Ellevest Spend account into your Ellevest Save account to grow your savings.
Not only that, your Ellevest Spend account comes with an Ellevest Mastercard World debit card, you’ll earn benefits including:
- Contactless tap to spend safely and easily
- ID theft resolution services
- Extended warranty
- Satisfaction guarantee
- A Unique debit card with each level of membership
Ellevest Money Memberships & Pricing
|$1/month||Investing, learning & banking
20% off 1:1 coaching sessions
(Build Wealth &
|$5/month||Investing, learning & banking
Personalized retirement planning
Access to retirement specialists
30% off 1:1 coaching sessions
|$9/month||Investing, learning & banking
Personalized retirement planning
Access to retirement specialists
Multi-goal investing (up to 6 accounts)
Free 1:1 review of your investment plan
50% off 1:1 coaching sessions
* Ellevest does not charge a separate advisory fee on your assets. All Ellevest Money Memberships are free for your first month.
Ellevest is best for new investors or for those who are looking for a low starting balance. There’s no minimum deposit to start investing, so you can do more for your money today! You can also check out our full list of the Best Robo-Advisors here!
If you’re interested in more investment opportunities, check out our best brokerage bonuses and promotions! Check out other brokerage services instead, like Merrill Edge or E*Trade. If you want to learn how to ear more money, check out the best ways to make money online!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|