Esquire Bank is both a standard and attorney based bank. To find out if Esquire Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
The best thing about Esquire is that all their checking accounts require absolutely no opening deposits at all! You can open any checking account with ease as long as you are able to maintain the daily minimum balance requirements.
They also offer a wide variety of services for attorneys and lawyers where they can earn interest for themselves and their clients.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Money Market Account Options
- 4 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 5 CD Account Options
- 6 Compare CD Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Esquire Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Esquire Bank
- 9 Esquire Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Esquire Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Esquire Bank has several checking accounts that actually don’t require any opening deposits! If you can maintain their minimum balance requirements then banking can go smoothly.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This checking account actually requires NO minimum deposit to open and can be opened online or in branch!
You will, however, need to keep a daily balance of $2,500 to waive the $7.50 monthly fee.
A standard checking account that doesn’t require a minimum deposit to open once again.
There is only a monthly fee of $7.50, but you can waive it as long as you keep a daily balance of $1,000.
They also offer Attorney Banking and a variety of services including specific deposit accounts that earn interest. You can learn more about them here.
Down below are the two main kinds of interest bearing accounts for lawyers.
IOLA stands for “Interest on Lawyers Trust Account”. This account may be opened by lawyers and they can earn interest on it. They ideally provide funds to support legal aid, education for the public and other purposes.
Escrow Management Account:
With this account, you can earn competitive interest rates for your clients and yourself. You can even keep your funds separated from theirs.
Compare Checking Accounts
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Esquire has one money market that earns competitive interest rates.
Personal Money Market:
- NO minimum opening deposit requirement!
- Waive the $15 monthly fee by keeping a daily balance of $5,000
- This account earns competitive interest rates
- Up to 6 free third-party debits per monthly statement cycle
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 1.65% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 1.60% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.00% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
Esquire Bank offers CDs with competitive rates. Each CD requires $500 to open.
Their CDs earn pretty high competitive rates and the terms range from 3 months to 2 years.
To learn more about their CDs, click here.
The CDs will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.50% APY up to 3.25% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 2.10% APY on a 13-Month CD Term
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Esquire Bank
- All their checking accounts are free to open! There are no minimum opening deposits required.
- They offer attorney banking for lawyers specifically.
- Both attorneys and their clients can earn separate interest rates.
- Their CDs earn pretty high interest rates.
- They have low minimum balance requirements on most of their accounts.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Esquire Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Esquire Bank
- They are only located in New York and South Florida with 3 branches in total scattered about.
- They don’t have 24-hour banking.
- Lack of any actual regular savings accounts.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
Esquire Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Esquire Bank is 026073066.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Esquire Bank at 1-(800)-996-0213.
You may also fill out one of the request form on their website to acquire further information.
How Esquire Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- TD Bank: TD Bank also offer bonuses for signing up for a checking account! They have various account options that suit all kinds of consumers as well.
- Capital One 360: Capital One 360, you can bank fee-free with online and mobile checking that actually pays you back. Whether you’re looking for one of their 40,000 fee-free ATMs or a Capital One location–chances are they are right nearby.
If you live in New York or South Florida and happen to be an attorney, then Esquire Bank can assist you on your journey to fighting justice.
Esquire is known for its attorney banking services, providing lawyers with convenient checking and and savings accounts and the option to separate their interest earnings with their clients.
The only downside is that they don’t offer any regular savings accounts, but their money market accounts and CDs are worth investing in since they earn competitive interest rates.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Esquire Bank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!