Eureka Savings Bank has a pretty good variety of account options. To find out if Eureka Savings Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
This bank has pretty standard checking and savings, but a lot of their accounts have low opening deposits and monthly fees.
Eureka encourages kids to start saving money early since their Money Miners Kids Club savings account offers exclusive benefits for those who are 12 years old and under. They can even earn interest on it!
Also, their NOW checking account has an easily waiveable monthly fee for students and seniors so it’s basically an account available to anyone.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with Eureka Savings Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with Eureka Savings Bank
- 11 Eureka Savings Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How Eureka Savings Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Eureka Savings Bank offers a decent selection of checking accounts. They even have one checking account that is available for all ages so anyone can start tracking their spending regardless of age.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This basic checking account will need a $100 to open.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This is an interest bearing checking account and you will need at least $100 to open it.
If you can keep a daily balance of $500, then you can waive the small monthly fee of $5.
You can also waive the fee by signing up for direct deposits, be a full time student, be over the age of 65 or be a military personnel.
This is a high interest bearing checking account and will require $2,500 to open.
Keeping a daily balance of $2,500 can also waive the monthly $5 fee.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Eureka Savings Bank has a fair selection of savings accounts that all earn interest, but they are pretty standard.
Their savings accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You can open this basic savings account with $50 and it will start earning interest.
There are also no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This kids savings account is available to kids 12 and under, but they will have to open it in-branch with their parent(s).
With just an opening deposit of $5, Kids will get to enjoy:
- A prize for deposits
- No monthly fees
- Daily compounded interest
- Special events throughout the year
A holiday savings account to set aside for vacation purposes and special occasions.
All you need is $1 to open this account and there are also no monthly fees to worry about!
The interest is compounded daily as well.
You can’t withdraw money out until after September 30th though.
This account is only eligible to those who have a High Deductible Health Plan, but it can be opened with $1 and interest is compounded daily.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB220 by 3/2/2020
• Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K by 3/16/2020 to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $15K by 3/16/2020 to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 1.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings(SM) account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app - Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more -- all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
With the American Express® Personal Savings Account:
• Earn 1.70% APY on your deposits. Your Personal Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Eureka Savings Bank has one money market accounts that earns competitive interest rates.
- Open this account with $2,500
- To waive the $25 monthly fee, you will have to maintain a daily balance of $10,000
- Interest is compounded monthly
- Online and Mobile Banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 1.50% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 1.45% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the BBVA Compass ClearChoice Money Market Account, you’ll enjoy:
• Earn 1.50% Annual Percentage Yield for 12 months for accounts opened
• Earn this exceptional rate on your entire balance
• $25 minimum opening deposit required
• Get a competitive rate, with tiered interest to grow your money faster
• Interest compounds and is credited monthly
• Easily withdraw money in branch & at BBVA Compass ATMs w/no fees
• Enjoy 24/7 online access with Online and Mobile Banking
• Link to your BBVA Compass checking account for Overdraft Protection
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.85% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — over 16x the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
With the Huntington Business Premier Money Market Account:
• Earn 1.65% APY guaranteed for 6 months when you open a new Business Money Market Account December 31, 2019, with minimum opening deposit of $10,000. Opening deposit must be money not currently deposited at Huntington. Click for qualifying requirements.
• Invest excess operating funds and let your money grow.
• Maintain liquidity while earning competitive interest rates on your cash
• Get access to your account 24/7
• Your Business Premier Money Market Account is insured by the FDIC up to applicable limits
CD Account Options
Eureka Savings Bank offers standard CDs that earn competitive interest rates.
Their CD terms range from 91 days – 60 months.
You might have to contact the bank itself to find out information on their current rates.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.35% APY up to 2.20% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.72% APY up to 1.80% APY on a 6-Month up to 5-Year Term CD
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Earn 6X the national average
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the BBVA Compass Bank 12-Month and 36-Month CD:
• Earn 1.90% APY on 12-Month or 2.35% APY on 36-Month with just a $500 minimum deposit
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons to Bank with Eureka Savings Bank
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- Low opening deposits throughout all their accounts.
- Their NOW Checking account is available to all ages and certain ages can have the monthly fee waived.
- All their savings accounts are high-yield interest bearing.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Eureka Savings Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Eureka Savings Bank
- They are only located in Illinois with a total of 4 physical branches scattered about.
- They actually have pretty high minimum balance requirements for their premium accounts.
- Absence of a student savings account since they offer a checking one.
- Doesn’t provide a senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of a holiday savings account.
- They don’t have one main contact number.
- You might to sign up for an account on their website to find out additional information.
Eureka Savings Bank Routing Number
Eureka Savings Bank routing number is 062203719.
Contact Customer Service
Eureka Savings Bank’s customer service lines vary depending on locations so check their website.
You can also fill out one of their request forms to inquire more information and they will be in touch with you shortly.
How Eureka Savings Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Illinois and tend to keep a higher than average balance, then Eureka Savings Bank might work in your favor.
By having a checking account available for all ages, Eureka offers more flexibility for an easy to open account.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Eureka Savings Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!