Find an updated list of GCS Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Currently, you can earn a bonus of $10 when you open a new Checking Account and meet requirements.
Table of Contents
About GCS Credit Union
GCS Credit Union is headquartered in Granite City and is the 23rd largest credit union in the state of Illinois. It is also the 757th largest credit union in the nation. It was established in 1941 and as of March of 2021, it had grown to 105 employees and 36,710 members at 7 locations. GCS Credit Union has an A health rating.
|Eligibility: GCS Credit Union offers membership to individuals who live, work, or attend school in the southern Illinois counties of Bond, Clinton, Jackson, Jefferson, Jersey, Logan, Macon, Macoupin, Madison, Marion, Montgomery, Monroe, Perry, Randolph, Sangamon, St. Clair, Washington, and Williamson. Membership eligibility is also extended to employees and retirees of SEGs, and immediate family members of current Credit Union members. See current membership details.|
GCS Credit Union $10 Student Success Bonus
For the residents of Illinois, GCS Credit Union is offering students an opportunity to earn $10 Student Success Bonus! Simply learn about how to use a savings and checking account and begin to earn and save. Take advantage while you can.
- What you’ll get: $10 bonus
- Account Type: Savings or Checking Account
- Availability: IL (Locator)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- ChexStystem: Unknown
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown
- Monthly Fees: None
- Early Account Termination Fee: None listed
- Household Limit: None listed
(No expiration date listed)
|You can compare this to several great entry level Checking accounts with bonus offers include the BMO Harris Smart Money™ Account ($200 bonus), U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking ($400 bonus), Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), SoFi Checking and Savings ($275 bonus), and Citi Priority Account (Up to $2000 Cash Bonus).|
How to Earn $10 Student Success Bonus
- $10 CASH when you reach the following milestones:
- Account opening
- Straight A’s on your year-end report card
- Refer two friends
- Parent or Guardian must remain on the account until the student is 18^
- Courtesy Pay with a reduced fee of $15 for those 18 years and older
- Must present student ID at account opening
- If the primary account holder is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must jointly be on the account until the minor turns 18.
- To be eligible for this account, members must be 14 years of age or older.
- For members 18 and over, the FIS report determines which checking account the individual qualifies for.
- Qualifications apply.
How to Waive Monthly Fees
- Simple MORE! Checking: No monthly service fees
- Simply REWARDing! Checking: No monthly service fees
- Free Classic Checking: No monthly service fee
- Student Success Account Package: No monthly service fee
- Member Savings: No monthly service fee listed
- Christmas Club Account: No monthly service fee
- Youth Savings: No monthly service fee
- Money Market Account: $10.00 monthly, can be waived by maintaining a $2,500 minimum/average balance
- Elite Money Market Account: $15.00 monthly, can be waived by maintaining a $150,000 daily balance
GCS Credit Union is offering tons of promotions like allowing students to get a head start and start saving early and also earning bonuses. The steps to follow are easy and fast, so be sure to take advantage today while you can.
Additionally, leave a comment below informing us about your experience with the GCS Credit Union.