If you received an automated call to your cell phone from Department Stores National Bank and/or FDS Bank for debt collection purposes regarding a Macy’s and/or Bloomingdale’s credit card account between 9/3/2009 and 7/22/2015, you may be eligible for a payment of up to $750 from the Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s Credit Card TCPA Class Action Lawsuit. Apparently, the debt collection companies were placing calls to cell phones using an auto dialer and/or prerecorded message without first obtaining consent from the call recipient. The defendants deny any wrongdoing but have agreed to settle a total of $12.5 million in cash payments to Class Members who submit timely and valid claims.
|BMO Harris PremierTM Checking: Earn $350 cash bonus when you open a new PremierTM Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Premier Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking: Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new eligible U.S. Bank SmartlyTM checking account and complete qualifying activities, subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through December 19, 2022. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB922 by 12/15/2022 along with a competitive interest rate of 3.00% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|HSBC Premier Checking Account: Earn $500 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $10,000. Member FDIC Terms|
Macy’s Card TCPA Class Action Lawsuit:
- Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s Credit Card TCPA Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/29/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone in the nation who has received a prerecorded call from Department Stores National Bank and/or FDS Bank regarding debt collection purposes in connection with a Macy’s and/or Bloomingdale’s credit card account. If this kind of call was made on your cellular telephone number at any time on or after 9/3/2009 through 7/22/2015, you are an eligible class member.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $750
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Ameer A. Hashw v. Department Stores National Bank and FDS Bank, Case No. 0:13-cv-00727-RHK-BRT, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
How to File a Claim:
- Head to the Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s Credit Card TCPA Claim Form
- To submit a Claim Form online, login using your Class Member ID number. Your Class Member ID number is in the upper right hand corner of the notice you received.
- If you did not receive a notice and believe that you are a class member of this case, use the Generic Claim Form.
- If you’re filing a Generic Claim Form, you will need to enter your first and last name, address, and phone number that was involved in the class action lawsuit. You will also need to provide a digital signature.
- File your claim by 12/29/2015 if you want to be included in the Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s Credit Card TCPA Settlement.
If you receive a prerecorded call regarding debt collection for a Macy’s or Bloomingdale’s credit card between 9/3/2009 and 7/22/2015, you may be able to make a claim and get up to $750 cash from the Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s Credit Card TCPA Class Action Lawsuit. If you think you qualify for this class action lawsuit, just file a claim by 12/29/2015. You can also check out the entire list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from HMB!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.