Table of Contents
Astoria Bank $250 Bonus Offer:
Those of you living in New York have the chance to earn a $250 Bonus after signing up for a Simple+ or Select Checking account from Astoria Bank. You can receive this bonus as long as you open an eligible account by 12/31/2015, maintain a certain balance, and receive direct deposits totaling at least $250 OR have online Bill/People Pay payments of at least $25.
- Direct Offer Link
- Bonus Amount – $250 Cash
- Account Type – Simple+ Checking or Select Checking
- Availability – NY
- Expiration Date – 12/31/2015
- Credit Inquiry – Soft Pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding – Unknown
- Monthly Fee – Unknown
- Avoiding Fee – There is a monthly fee but the bank does not disclose the value. For the Simple+ Checking account, they only mention that the fee is waived for active accounts that maintain a minimum Average Monthly Balance of $2,500 or a $10,000 minimum balance in any combination of Astoria deposit accounts on the statement cycle date. For the Select Checking account, the fee is waived for active accounts with a $25,000 minimum balance in any combination of Astoria deposit accounts on the statement cycle date.
- Account Closure Fee – There is no account closure fee described on the site, but the banks usually require you to keep the account open for 3 to 6 months or else they may charge fees.
|HSBC Advance checking account: Get up to $240 when you open an Advance checking account. You'll receive 3% Cash Bonus, up to $240, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $40 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Advance checking account: Earn $200 Bonus with a new HSBC Advance checking account with qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $500 to your HSBC Advance checking account(s) for 3 consecutive calendar months. Member FDIC Terms|
|Chase SavingsSM: Earn $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. You can link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection. Apply Now---Chase Savings Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Promotions|
How To Earn Astoria Bank Bonus:
- If you live in New York, open an Astoria Bank Simple+ or Select Checking account by 12/31/2015.
- If you open a Simple+ Checking account, you need to maintain an active account with a minimum Average Monthly Balance of $2,500 or a $10,000 minimum balance in any combination of Astoria deposit accounts on the statement cycle date. For the Select Checking account, you must keep it active and maintain a $25,000 minimum balance in any combination of Astoria deposit accounts.
- In addition to these account minimums, you must receive direct deposits totaling at least $250 OR have online Bill/People Pay payments of at least $25.
- You will need to meet these requirements each month for three consecutive months within the first four months of having a new account.
- When you have satisfied these requirements, you should receive a $250 bonus within 30 business days after receipt of the third month’s required direct deposits or after the third month’s required bill payment has posted.
Bonus Terms & Fine Print:
- Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- The bonus is limited to $250 per account regardless of number of these services acquired for account.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Limit one offer per customer and account.
- Cash bonus will be reported as income on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Offer can be revoked by Astoria Bank at any time.
If you live in New York and need a new checking account, you should consider signing up for a Simple+ or Select Checking account from Astoria Bank so you can earn a $250 bonus. Once you have your account, all you need to do is maintain a certain account balance and either make direct deposits or use online bill pay for the next three months. When you maintain the required account balance the bank will even waive the monthly fees. If you don’t live in the qualifying area, review our lists of national and regional bank bonuses.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.