You can earn $100 Cash Bonus for opening a new Individual or Joint OptionsXpress account and funded with at least $500 by December 31, 2015. To earn the $100 bonus, you must execute 3 trades within twelve months of account opening. Accounts are FREE to open, with no minimum balance requirements. Enjoy real-time market data with free streaming quotes along with unlimited access to web platforms at no additional cost.
Founded in 2000, OptionsXpress is a pioneer in online stock, options and futures brokerage service to the self-directed investor. Today, over 394,000 investors use optionsXpress to trade stocks, options, bonds, futures, mutual funds and ETFs– all in one account, which is free to open and requires no minimum balance. Each stock, ETF, bond, mutual fund trade- up to 1,000 shares per trade- costs $9.95 while options trade are $12.95 up to 10 contracts per trade. At first glance, OptionsXpress doesn’t appear to be the cheapest, but upon closer inspection, it is obvious they justify their marginally higher price with their education, tools and the overall quality of their platform.
OptionsXpress Fees and Commissions:
- Stocks (1 – 1,000 shares): $9.95 per trade.
- Stocks (1,001 +) $0.01 per share.
- Options (35+ trades/quarter): $12.95 flat (1 – 10 contracts); $1.25/contract (10+ contracts)
- Options (>35 trades/quarter): $14.95 flat (1-10 contracts); $1.50/contract (10+ contracts)
- Mutual funds: $9.95 + load fee (unlimited)
- Bonds: $5.00/bond ($9.95 minimum)
- Margin rate: 4% – 6% tiered.
- No minimum account balance. Although optionsXpress does not require you to fund your account with a minimum amount, you do need to deposit a minimum of $2,000 to maintain a margin account
- No maintenance or inactivity fees.
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up to $700 Cash||Review|
|TradeStation||$150 Cash & free trades||Review|
|M1 Finance||Up to $2,000 Cash & free trades||Review|
|WeBull||12 Free Stocks & free trades||Review|
|SoFi Invest||$25 Bonus and free trades||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$0 Commission Trades||Review|
OptionsXpress $100 Bonus Information:
- Sign up Offer
- Account Type: Individual or Joint OptionsXpress Account
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: 12/31/2015
- Online Trades: $9.95 per trade
- Hard Inquiry: No, Soft pull only. Hard pull if you apply for margin.
- Monthly Fee: $0.
- Additional Requirements: Must deposit $500 and execute 3 trades.
- Closing Account Fee: Must keep the $500 for at least 6 months from the account open date, otherwise you will be charged $100.
OptionsXpress will deposit the $100 bonus into the new optionsXpress account within one month after meeting the requirements. Lower prices are offered with other online brokerages but at the cost of little support and lacking trading tools. However, OptionsXpress offers a respectable amount of support and powerful trading tools that make it one of the best online discount brokers around. Find, analyze, and monitor your next trade with optionsXpress today. Compare all the best stock brokers today!
Interested in more brokerage promotions? See more of the best options below!
- Ally Invest Brokerage Promotion
- E*Trade Brokerage Promotion
- TD Ameritrade Promotion
- Robinhood Review
- & More Brokerage Promotions
|EFCU Financial||LA||1.60%||$100k||---||6-Month Jumbo CD||Review|
|TTCU Federal Credit Union||OK||1.44%||$100k||---||6-Month Income CD||Review|
|TEXAR Federal Credit Union||AR, TX||1.25%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Texas Bridge Credit Union||TX||1.01%||$25k||---||6-Month Mini Jumbo CD||Review|
|Community First Credit Union||WI||0.80%||$2.5k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|MapleMark Bank||Nationwide||0.75%||$25k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Advancial||OK, LA, TX, AK||0.72%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
According to their website, the offer is now valid until December 31st 2014
don’t use them, they’re the worst so far.
I transfered funds from my husband’s bank account to my optionsxpress account by mistake, but they assured me they would be returned 10 days ago. then it didn’t happen. I chased them for 10 days every day and they give me the same answer, saying they would inform their bank to start the transfer, the process had been delayed by their bank.
I communicated with them through live chat and called them, everything they said the funds would be returned and they have spoken to the cashier department, but next time I spoke to the support team they told me the same story. I will consider legal actions against them for negligence and unreasonable delay.