Your checkbook probably hasn’t seen the light of day as it once did, but that doesn’t mean checks have entirely gone out of style. Even though online payments have become more popular over the last couple of years, some people still haven’t shifted over to that method of payment. Also, some businesses even accept checks as a form of payment, so it’s always a good idea to keep checks on hand.
If you find yourself running low on checks, ordering more is quite a simple process. What’s even better is that banks, like PNC Bank, still offer standard checks for free to some or all of their account holders. Continue reading to learn how to order checks from PNC Bank.
Table of Contents
How Do I Order Checks From PNC Bank?
You will be able to find your routing and account numbers on your online statements and SmartAccess Card, available through online banking. Non-Virtual Wallet account holders can select “Show Account & Routing Number” under the Account menu in online banking.
Here’s what to do once you’ve located your routing and account numbers:
- Log in to online banking.
- Select the “Customer Service” tab.
- Under “Manage Accounts,” select “Order Checks & Supplies.”
- Find the account you want checks for.
- Under the “Order” column next to that account, select the “Checks/Supplies” link
An alternative option of ordering checks would be to go to PNC Bank in person and place an order for checks.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks?
The cost of ordering your checks will depend on the type of check, the quantity and the vendor. Even if you’re a PNC Bank customer, you are not required to order your checks from the bank.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks From PNC Bank?
PNC Bank uses Harland Clarke as their for checks and other accessories. Prices generally start at $19.56 for a pack of 80 safety blue checks. The cost is $39.12 for a pack of 160 checks, $58.68 for a pack of 240 checks, and $78.24 for a pack of 320 checks. Shipping takes about two weeks.
Alternative Ways To Order Checks
Here are other ways to order checks:
- Bradford Exchange Checks: This place is a discount retailer that offers check orders for up to 70% off bank prices. Additionally, standard blue safety checks come in boxes of 120.
- Costco: Costco members can order checks at a discount via Harland Clarke and get free standard delivery. For Costco Executive members, you’ll pay $31.18 for four packages of 100 checks each, for a total of 400 checks. For Costco Gold Star/Business members, the cost is $38.98 for the same package.
- Walmart: Walmart offers a smaller quantity of Classic Grey checks if you don’t need 250. The store offers a pack of 150 checks for $7.46.
- Vistaprint: If you just need a few checks on hand, you can order 25 wallet checks for $4 from Vistaprint. You also have the option to purchase in packs of 150 ($15 for one pack, $24 for two, $34 for 3, $45 for 4.
Keep in mind that PNC Bank’s online check ordering and Automatic Check Reordering are only available to online banking customers. Check out PNC Bank’s website to enroll now!
With our guide above, we’ve detailed the ways you can go about order your checks from PNC Bank and how much it will cost depending on what options you choose to go along with it. For more posts like this, check out our list of bank guides!