Your checkbook probably hasn’t seen the light of day as it once did, but that doesn’t mean checks have entirely gone out of style. Even though online payments have become more popular over the last couple of years, some people still haven’t shifted over to that method of payment. Also, some businesses even accept checks as a form of payment, so it’s always a good idea to keep checks on hand.
If you find yourself running low on checks, ordering more is quite a simple process. What’s even better is that banks, like TD Bank, still offer standard checks for free to some or all of their account holders. Continue reading to learn how to order checks from TD Bank.
Table of Contents
How Do I Order Checks From TD Bank?
TD Bank allows their account holders to order checks online or by phone. To order checks online, you must log in to your account, know your TD Bank routing number and account number on you.
You will be able to find yoru routing and accout numbers on checks and other preprinted deposit slips. The routing number is the nine-digit number on the bottom left. The account number is on the bottom right.
Here’s what to do once you’ve located your routing and account numbers:
- Go to the TD Bank website and log in to online banking.
- Select “Account Options,” then “Account Services,” then “Order Checks.”
- Follow the prompts to complete your order.
TD Bank securely transmits your order to Harland Clarke, the check provider. From there you will have a few other options for ordering checks.
- Visit the Harland Clarke website to order your checks directly from the supplier.
- Stop in at a TD Bank branch to order in person.
- Call 800-355-8123 to order by phone from Harland Clarke.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks?
The cost of ordering your checks will depend on the type of check, the quantity and the vendor. Even if you’re a TD Bank customer, you are not required to order your checks from the bank. Additionally, you will have the option to choose from different check companies or big-box retailers that sell personal and business checks.
How Much Does It Cost To Order Checks From TD Bank?
More specifically, TD Bank offers free, discounted and full-price checks to its customers, depending on the type of TD Bank bank account they have.
Here are the details behind some of the different accounts:
- TD Beyond Checking: The TD Beyond Checking account comes with free standard check orders. However, you’ll pay a $25 monthly maintenance fee on this account unless you maintain a $2,500 minimum daily balance, receive $5,000 in direct deposits each statement cycle, or maintain a $25,000 minimum balance across all TD Bank accounts.
- TD 60 Plus Checking: TD 60 Plus Checking offers free standard checks and discounts on select styles. This account has a $10 monthly maintenance fee, but you can get the fee waived by maintaining a $250 minimum daily balance.
- TD Convenience Checking: TD Convenience Checking customers get a discount on their first check order. Customers over age 23 pay a $15 monthly service fee, which you can avoid by maintaining a $100 minimum daily balance.
Alternative Ways To Order Checks
Here are other ways to order checks:
- Costco: Costco members can order checks at a discount via Harland Clarke and get free standard delivery. For Costco Executive members, an order of 250 Classic Grey checks costs $12.83. For Costco Gold Star/Business members, the cost is $16.04.
- Walmart: Walmart offers a smaller quantity of Classic Grey checks if you don’t need 250. The store offers a pack of 150 checks for $7.46.
- Vistaprint: If you just need a few checks on hand, you can order 25 wallet checks for $4 from Vistaprint.
Ordering checks doesn’t have to be a struggle as long as you know what institutions have them available.
With our guide above, we’ve detailed the ways you can go about order your checks from TD Bank and how much it will cost depending on what options you choose to go along with it. For more posts like this, check out our list of bank guides!