If you shop at JCPenney often, it might be a good idea to get a JCPenney Credit Card. There are various benefits you can receive, such as 5 percent on purchases and options for financing large projects, which can help you save big on any home improvement jobs you’re thinking about doing.
However, if you want to use one, you have to know how to pay your JCPenney credit card bill on time. Continue reading to find out the different ways you can make a credit card payment with JCPenney.
JCPenney credit card payments can be made in person, online, or via mail
1. Make a Payment in Person
With a JCPenney credit card, you can pay your bills in store. This option is more convenient if you live near a JCPenney location or if you’re planning on shopping.
- Find your nearest JCPenney store with the online store locator.
- Visit the store and make your credit card payment with cash, a check or a money order.
- Save your payment receipt for your records.
2. Make a Payment by Mail
Alternatively, you can opt to pay for your JCPenney credit card by mail. This form does typically take longer to be received, so you must be sure to send it early. Your monthly credit card statement should include a return envelope and payment coupon, but if you misplace it, here’s an alternative payment option:
- Log in to your online JCPenney credit card account and click the “Statements” tab. From there, you can print a PDF copy of your statement to mail.
- Write a check or purchase a money order for the amount of the payment.
- Add your JCPenney credit card account number on the memo line to ensure the payment is credited correctly. Address the envelope to:
P.O. Box 960090
Orlando, FL 32896-0090
3. Make a Payment Online
In order to make a JCPenney credit card payment online, you will need to register or login to your JC Penney account. Once you sign in with your information, schedule your online payment at least one day before the due date to avoid a late payment. This process can take up to three days to post to your account even though the payment will be applied as scheduled.
- Gather your checking account number and bank routing number before logging in, so you’re ready to make the payment.
- Choose the “Pay my bill” option from the navigation bar.
- Enter your checking account information, the payment amount, and the date that the money should be drafted from your bank account for JCPenney to pay the bill.
Additionally, you can set up automatic payments to make paying your bill easier.
What to Do If Your JCPenney Credit Card Payment Is Late
JCPenney gives you a 23-day period after the close of your JCPenney billing cycle to make a payment without interest or late fees. In the case that you miss your payment due date, you will be charged late fee of $27 if you haven’t been late in the previous six billing cycles or $38 if you’ve been late at least once within that period. Nonetheless, the fee won’t be more than your minimum payment.
Cardholders can choose any of the three JCPenney credit card payment methods to make a late payment. Simply contact the JCPenney credit card account customer service line at 800-542-0800 if you have any questions.
The JCPenney Credit Card is perfect for anyone who shops at the retail store frequently. You can earn so many great perks, but you must know how to pay it. There are so many ways you can do that, such as paying online, by mail, and by phone!
For more information on Banking, check out the rest of our bank guides right here on HMB! You can also read on the latest JCPenney Promotions or Credit Card Bonuses.
Leave a Reply