The PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card is a card that offers a great bonus on travel purchases and offers premium travel perks for military members and qualifying PenFed accountholders. It currently has a welcome bonus of 50,000 Bonus Points if you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of account opening.
Find out if this is the right card for you with the benefits discussed down below.
Table of Contents
- 1 PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card Summary
- 2 PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card Bonus
- 3 What Are Pathfinder Rewards Points Worth?
- 4 PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card Eligibility
- 5 Why You Should Apply for This Card
- 6 PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card Top Features
- 7 Bottom Line
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 50,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 within 90 days of opening an account.
0% Balance Transfers Promo APR for 12 months, 3% fee applies to each transaction. Subject to credit approval.
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||4X Points on all Travel categories for PenFed Honors Advantage Members??
3X Points on all Travel categories
1.5X Points on all other purchases
Receive credit for the Global Entry ($100) or TSA Precheck ($85) application fee.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Annual Fee||$95 (waived for existing PenFed Honors Advantage Members)|
(Visit PenFed to learn more about this card)
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card Bonus
You should take advantage of PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card’s 50,000 bonus offer, this is valued around $500. All you have to do is spend at least $3,000 to your card within the first 90 days of opening your account.
What Are Pathfinder Rewards Points Worth?
The value of your rewards depends on how you use them, each Pathfinder Rewards point is worth $0.01. When redeeming your Pathfinder Rewards points, you have a few options that includes:
- Travel reservations via PenFed’s travel site
- Airfare ($0.0085 – $0.009/point)
- Hotel ($0.018 – $0.0127/point)
- Gift cards ($0.0085/point)
- Merchandise ($0.0085/point)
In order to get the best value for your Pathfinder Rewards points, use them for PenFed travel reservations; particularly for hotel stays.
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card Eligibility
You’re required to join the PenFed credit union, before you can apply for the PenFed Pathfinder Rewards card. In order to qualify, you must meet one of the following:
- You are retired, honorably discharged or currently serving the U.S. military.
- You are an employee of a qualifying organization.
- You belong to a qualifying association or organization.
- You are an employee of the U.S. government.
- You live or work in an eligible location.
- You are a family member or housemate of someone who is eligible.
If you don’t meet any of the requirements listed above, you can join either National Military Family Association or Voices for America’s Troops to qualify. Please do not that minimal fees do apply.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Points by spending $3,000 in the first 90 days of account opening.
- Earn 4X points on travel purchases through the PenFed Honors Advantage program, 3X points on travel purchases for all other card holders, and 1.5X points on all other purchases unrelated to travel.
- Get all the neat perks without having to pay an annual fee.
PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card Top Features
Use this card when traveling abroad without paying a foreign transaction fee to keep earning your rewards.
You’ll automatically receive statement credits when you charge airline fees from select domestic carriers. Eligible fees include baggage and ticket change fees as well as in-flight food, beverage, and entertainment.
This discount only applies to select domestic airlines, including:
Earn rewards on travel purchases at the higher 4x rate if you’re a PenFed Honors Advantage member. That requires military service or a PenFed Access America checking account.
The $100 statement credit toward the application fee for Global Entry or $85 statement credit toward the application fee for TSA PreCheck is automatically credited to your account soon after the charge is made. You can receive this application fee credit once every five years.
Along with this card, you’ll receive roadside assistance and travel and emergency assistance, baggage loss and delay insurance and travel accident insurance, auto loss and damage insurance, trip cancellation and interruption protection. With your purchases, you’ll benefit from extended warranty and purchase protection.
The PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature Card is one of the top travel cards available for military members, especially for those who are in the PenFed Honors Advantage program. If you’re looking for a credit card to fund your travels but don’t want to pay a high annual fee, this card may be the right option for your wallet.
It offers great opportunities to earn points on travel and everyday purchases, the freedom to redeem your points how you want, annual Air Travel Credit and Global Entry or TSA PreCheck benefits, which are benefits that are commonly found among travel rewards cards with an annual fee, and an exceptionally low APR.
If you’re more focused on collecting your points through grocery or gas, or you’d like the option to transfer your points, this may not be the right card for you. Feel free to browse our other featured credit card bonus promotions to find the one that best suits your needs.
*You can also compare the PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Card card card to other credit card bonuses!