People’s United Bank is a regional financial institution that has been serving the American Northeast since 1842.
If you would like to transfer money from this bank or send money to, this post will tell you their routing number and how it is used. Read on to find out how you can do just that.
People’s United Bank Routing Number
If you ever need to wire funds to or from your People’s United account, you will use this routing number:
|People’s United Bank Routing Number|
Remember that there may be a transfer fee for moving money between accounts at different financial institutions.
What is a Routing Number?
Routing numbers are used by banks to identify each other during wire transfers. They are also known as transit numbers or ABA numbers, and are comprised of nine digits. Using 000011112 as an example, the numbers can be broken down into segments:
- 0000: The Federal Reserve routing symbol, or the Federal Reserve Bank district the bank is located in
- 1111: The financial institution itself
- 2: The check digit, which can be calculated from the previous eight digits, is used for error detection.
The American Bankers Association created routing numbers back in the early 1900’s and have been using them ever since.
Can Banks Have Multiple Routing Numbers?
People’s United only uses one routing number, but larger banks such as TD Bank and Bank of America use multiple routing numbers for different states or regions. If a bank has more than one routing number, it is not out of the ordinary.
How Do You Find a Routing Number on a Check?
The routing number can be found at the bottom-left corner of a check. Usually, checks will have three important sets of numbers printed along the bottom.
- Routing number: in the left-hand corner
- Account Number: Center, in between the routing number and the check number
- Check number: Right-hand corner
You can also just remember that the routing number is nine digits long.
Also see: Routing Number vs. Account Number – What’s The Difference?
What is the Routing Number for International Transfers?
|People’s United Bank SWIFT Code|
In order to receive an international wire transfer, you will need:
- Your bank’s routing number
- Your bank’s SWIFT code
- The receiving bank’s address – in People’s United’s case, it’s 850 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Your account number
- Your name as it appears on your bank account
In addition, if you would like to send an international transfer, you will need the above information for the receiving bank.
More Routing Numbers
- Bank of America Routing Numbers By State
- Capital One Routing Number
- Chase Business Routing Number
- Chase Routing Number Information
- CIT Bank Routing Number
- FirstBank Routing Number
- KeyBank Routing Number
- M&T Bank Routing Number
- PNC Routing Number – Find Routing Number By State
- TD Bank Routing Numbers by State
- Union Bank Routing Number
- US Bank Routing Number
- Wells Fargo Routing Number
- Zions Bank Routing Number
Routing numbers are important, especially when you would like to send or receive money through transferring. People’s United Bank has only one routing number so that makes it easier!
Learn more about People’s United Bank and keep up with the latest People’s United Bank Promotions.
For more information on banking, visit our bank guides right here on HMB!
Leave a Reply