For the frequent flyers searching for a credit card that will help save more money on flights, definitely consider signing up for the Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard. It offer several perks that Spirit travelers will love!
This card has a limited time offer of 40,000 bonus points plus a $100 Companion Flight Voucher after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Along with this, you’ll earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on everyday purchases
There is no introductory annual fee for the first year but a $79 fee will apply thereafter. If you would like to know more about the Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard has to offer, see below!
* The Spirit Airlines World Mastercard is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Editor’s Note: There is an alternative offer where you can earn 30,000 Bonus Miles + $100 Statement Credit Offer when you make $500 worth of purchases within the first 90 days.
Table of Contents
Bank of America Spirit Airlines Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 40,000 bonus points plus a $100 Companion Flight Voucher after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||Receive a $100 Companion Flight Voucher each anniversary after making at least $5,000 in purchases within the prior year|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on everyday purchases.
Get 5,000 anniversary bonus miles when you spend at least $10,000 in purchases annually.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
|Annual Fee||$79, waived your first year.|
- Bonus miles
- Annual spend bonus
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Low points value
- Limited redemption options
- No transfer partners
Editor’s Alternate Pick
Definitely take a look at the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card.
You can learn more about the card here.
Spirit Airlines Card Bonus Offer
You can take advantage of the Spirit Airlines card’s introductory offer where you can earn 40,000 Free Spirit bonus miles. Our valuation puts these points around $160.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are Free Spirit Miles Worth?
The value of your miles depends on how you use them. On average, each Free Spirit mile is worth $0.004. That’s far below the industry average of $0.01 per mile.
If you’re ready to redeem your Free Spirit miles, the only option you have is to use them for award flights with Spirit Airlines. Redemptions start at 2,500 miles and depend on:
- Flight distance (4 regions)
- Flight timing (off-peak, standard, peak)
Please note that, off-peak awards are available exclusively to Spirit Airlines World Mastercard members who book with their card.
Free Spirit flight redemption only cover the cost of airfare. Additional fees apply for:
- Carry-on and check-in luggage
- Seat selection
- Taxes and government fees
- Security fee
- Redemption fee
Spirit Airlines tends to cut corners to cut costs, usually at your expense. Flying with the budget airline is cheap at the bare minimum. But any add-ons will cost you a lot of money in fees. If you don’t have any previous experience with the Spirit Airlines, we recommend you explore other options.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Spirit Airlines Card Top Features
Get an extra 5,000 anniversary bonus miles if you spend at least $10,000 on your Spirit Airlines card in the previous year. The fine print stipulates that you’ll receive this bonus after you’ve paid the annual fee. So this perk won’t apply until after your second account anniversary.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Spirit Airlines card.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
Frequent Spirit Airline flyers, The Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard is the perfect option for you. Spirit is already known for it’s cheap airfare costs and to be saving even more, this is a great opportunity.
On top of that, start earning 2 miles for every $1 spent all other purchases. Use these free miles towards your next vacation! If you’re interested in what more Bank Of America has to offer, see our list of the Best Bank of America Promotions! For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
If you’re not sure about a co-branded airline card, see these travel rewards cards that aren’t tied to any airline: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, and the American Express Gold Card.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $600 in travel.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
Other Airline Credit Cards
Popular co-branded airline credit cards include the following: Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express, United Explorer Card and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold Business American Express Card offers 70,000 bonus miles, and a $50 statement credit after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer Ends 11/10/2021.
You'll earn 2X miles on every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, on every dollar spent on eligible U.S. shipping purchases, on every eligible dollar spent at restaurants. Earn 1 Mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card carries a $99 annual fee ($0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99) (See Rates & Fees). However, there are no foreign transaction fees and you can take $100 off your next Delta flight - after you spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you will earn a $100 Delta Flight Credit to use toward future travel.
Terms and limitations apply.