For the frequent flyers searching for a credit card that will help save more money on flights, definitely consider signing up for the Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard. It offer several perks that Spirit travelers will love!
This card has a limited time offer of up to 30,000 Bonus Miles + 2X Miles + 5,000 Anniversary Free Spirit Miles Bonus after your first purchase and after making at least $500 in purchases within 90 days of your account opening. Along with this, you could earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on everyday purchases
There is no introductory annual fee for the first year but a $59 fee will apply thereafter. If you would like to know more about the Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard has to offer, see below!
* The Spirit Airlines World Mastercard is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
Bank of America Spirit Airlines Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 15,000 bonus miles after your first purchase.
Receive another 15,000 bonus miles after making at least $500 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on everyday purchases.
Get 5,000 anniversary bonus miles when you spend at least $10,000 in purchases annually.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
|Annual Fee||$59, waived your first year.|
- Bonus miles
- Annual spend bonus
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Low points value
- Limited redemption options
- No transfer partners
Editor’s Alternate Pick
Definitely take a look at the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card.
You can learn more about the card here.
With the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card:
• Earn 30K bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – that’s a $300 cash redemption value
• $0 Annual Fee
• Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in
• Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit
• Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• Earn 1X points on other purchases
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-27.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
• Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions
Spirit Airlines Card Up to 30,000 Bonus Miles Offer
You can take advantage of the Spirit Airlines card’s introductory offer where you can get up to 30,000 Free Spirit bonus miles. Our valuation puts these points around $120.
In order to qualify for the first 15,000 bonus miles, make your first purchase with your Spirit Airlines card. Charge at least $500 in purchases within your first 90 days for the additional 15,000 bonus miles.
• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.
• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.
As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are Free Spirit Miles Worth?
The value of your miles depends on how you use them. On average, each Free Spirit mile is worth $0.004. That’s far below the industry average of $0.01 per mile.
If you’re ready to redeem your Free Spirit miles, the only option you have is to use them for award flights with Spirit Airlines. Redemptions start at 2,500 miles and depend on:
- Flight distance (4 regions)
- Flight timing (off-peak, standard, peak)
Please note that, off-peak awards are available exclusively to Spirit Airlines World Mastercard members who book with their card.
Free Spirit flight redemption only cover the cost of airfare. Additional fees apply for:
- Carry-on and check-in luggage
- Seat selection
- Taxes and government fees
- Security fee
- Redemption fee
Spirit Airlines tends to cut corners to cut costs, usually at your expense. Flying with the budget airline is cheap at the bare minimum. But any add-ons will cost you a lot of money in fees. If you don’t have any previous experience with the Spirit Airlines, we recommend you explore other options.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Spirit Airlines Card Top Features
Get an extra 5,000 anniversary bonus miles if you spend at least $10,000 on your Spirit Airlines card in the previous year. The fine print stipulates that you’ll receive this bonus after you’ve paid the annual fee. So this perk won’t apply until after your second account anniversary.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Spirit Airlines card.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
Frequent Spirit Airline flyers, The Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard is the perfect option for you. Spirit is already known for it’s cheap airfare costs and to be saving even more, this is a great opportunity.
The 15,000 bonus miles applies after your first purchase and 15,000 additional bonus miles after making at least $500 in purchases within 90 days of your account opening with a 5,000 anniversary bonus Free Spirit miles when you spend at least $10,000 in purchases annually.
On top of that, start earning 2 miles for every $1 spent all other purchases. Use these free miles towards your next vacation! If you’re interested in what more Bank Of America has to offer, see our list of the Best Bank of America Promotions! For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
If you’re not sure about a co-branded airline card, see these travel rewards cards that aren’t tied to any airline: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, and the American Express Gold Card.
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• No foreign transaction fees
• 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
• No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
With the American Express® Gold Card:
• Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
• Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X). Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
• Earn up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
• $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
• Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
• No Foreign Transaction Fees.
• Annual Fee is $250.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Other Airline Credit Cards
Popular co-branded airline credit cards include the following: Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express, United Explorer Card and the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card.
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 70,000 bonus miles after you make $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
• Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases. After the introductory 6 months period the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.99%-26.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors at account opening, and this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
• Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
• Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Pay no foreign transaction fees when you spend overseas.
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95. Terms and limitations apply
• See Rates & Fees
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account (Cashback Match)||$360 Cash||Review|
|Citibank Account Package||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|