For the frequent flyers searching for a credit card that will help save more money on flights, definitely consider signing up for the Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard. It offer several perks that Spirit travelers will love!
This card has a limited time offer of 40,000 bonus points plus a $100 Companion Flight Voucher after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Along with this, you’ll earn 2X miles for every $1 spent on everyday purchases
There is no introductory annual fee for the first year but a $79 fee will apply thereafter. If you would like to know more about the Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard has to offer, see below!
* The Spirit Airlines World Mastercard is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Editor’s Note: There is an alternative offer where you can earn 30,000 Bonus Miles + $100 Statement Credit Offer when you make $500 worth of purchases within the first 90 days.
|Chase Sapphire Preferred Card 60K Points*||Citi Premier® Card 80K Points*
|The Platinum Card® from American Express 100K Points*||Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card 60K Points*|
|American Express® Gold Card 60K Points*||Citi CustomSM Cash Card $200 Bonus*|
|Chase Freedom Flex $200 Bonus*||Chase Freedom Unlimited Card $200 Bonus*|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express $300 Welcome Offer*||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $200 Welcome Offer*|
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card 100K Points*||Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card $750 Bonus*|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card $200 Bonus*||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card $200 Bonus*|
|Power Cash Rewards Visa Signature® $100 Bonus*||*Must make minimum spending requirement to earn bonus|
Table of Contents
Bank of America Spirit Airlines Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 40,000 bonus points plus a $100 Companion Flight Voucher after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||Receive a $100 Companion Flight Voucher each anniversary after making at least $5,000 in purchases within the prior year|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 2 miles for every $1 you spend on everyday purchases.
Get 5,000 anniversary bonus miles when you spend at least $10,000 in purchases annually.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
|Annual Fee||$79, waived your first year.|
Spirit Airlines Card Bonus Offer
You can take advantage of the Spirit Airlines card’s introductory offer where you can earn 40,000 Free Spirit bonus miles. Our valuation puts these points around $160.
What are Free Spirit Miles Worth?
The value of your miles depends on how you use them. On average, each Free Spirit mile is worth $0.004. That’s far below the industry average of $0.01 per mile.
If you’re ready to redeem your Free Spirit miles, the only option you have is to use them for award flights with Spirit Airlines. Redemptions start at 2,500 miles and depend on:
- Flight distance (4 regions)
- Flight timing (off-peak, standard, peak)
Please note that, off-peak awards are available exclusively to Spirit Airlines World Mastercard members who book with their card.
Free Spirit flight redemption only cover the cost of airfare. Additional fees apply for:
- Carry-on and check-in luggage
- Seat selection
- Taxes and government fees
- Security fee
- Redemption fee
Spirit Airlines tends to cut corners to cut costs, usually at your expense. Flying with the budget airline is cheap at the bare minimum. But any add-ons will cost you a lot of money in fees. If you don’t have any previous experience with the Spirit Airlines, we recommend you explore other options.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Spirit Airlines Card Top Features
Get an extra 5,000 anniversary bonus miles if you spend at least $10,000 on your Spirit Airlines card in the previous year. The fine print stipulates that you’ll receive this bonus after you’ve paid the annual fee. So this perk won’t apply until after your second account anniversary.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Spirit Airlines card.
Frequent Spirit Airline flyers, The Bank of America Spirit Airlines World Mastercard is the perfect option for you. Spirit is already known for it’s cheap airfare costs and to be saving even more, this is a great opportunity.
On top of that, start earning 2 miles for every $1 spent all other purchases. Use these free miles towards your next vacation! If you’re interested in what more Bank Of America has to offer, see our list of the Best Bank of America Promotions! For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.