For a credit card that rewards you for big purchases, definitely consider signing up for the Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card. It offer bonuses that you will surely benefit from! This card offers up to 100,000 Avios. Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and earn an additional 25,000 Avios after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months of account opening.
Chase offers three airline branded cards that all earn Avios rewards. The three cards all have similar bonuses and ongoing rewards. If your main rewards systems uses Avios, then any of these cards will be of great use to you. They have slightly different perks, so here are the cards and their respective regions:
- Aer Lingus Visa Signature® – Ireland
- British Airways Visa Signature Card – United Kingdom
- Iberia Visa Signature – Spain
After you have reached the limit, you will begin earning 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with British Airways and 1 Avios for all other purchases. If you’re interested in what travel perks that the Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card has to offer, continue reading on below!
Aer Lingus Visa Signature Card
|Bonus Available||Earn up to 100,000 Avios. Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and earn an additional 25,000 Avios after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months of account opening.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, and LEVEL
Earn 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel.
Earn 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Priority Boarding for you and any authorized users (only on flights from and returning to the US from Ireland).
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
Aer Lingus Card Bonus
Earn up to 100,000 Avios. Earn 75,000 Avios after you spend $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening and earn an additional 25,000 Avios after you spend $20,000 in the first 12 months of account opening.
What Are Aer Lingus Avios Worth?
Like many other airline-branded credit cards, the value of your Avios depends on how you use them. On average, each Avios is worth around $0.015. Using this figure, 100,000 Avios have an approximate $1,500 value.
You can redeem your Avios for:
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Seat reservations & upgrades
- Inflight M&S food & beverages
Although you have the option of using your avios towards any of the things listed above, you will maximize your value by redeeming your Avios for flights. All other options will devalue your Avios.
Be careful redeeming for transatlantic flights with your Avios. These bookings are well known for incurring ridiculous surcharges (taxes, fees, carrier charges). Even the offer terms for the Aer Lingus card give this example:
“At time of this publication all reward flights and travel together tickets are subject to taxes, fees and carrier charges of approximately $682 – $1,250 per adult in economy or $1,250 in business class based on travel from Seattle to London.”
It’s better to redeem for shorter domestic flights. Also, take advantage of transferring your Avios over to the Iberia or British Airways mileage programs. You’ll have the Oneworld alliance partner airlines open for redemption.
By the way, your Avios will expire if you don’t collect, spend, share or purchase any for 36 consecutive months.
Why You Should Apply For This Card
- Priority Boarding for you and any authorized users. You and any authorized users on your account are eligible for Priority Boarding on Aer Lingus flights departing from and returning to the US from Ireland.
- Commercial Companion Ticket each year: Every calendar year you make purchases of $30,000 on your Aer Lingus Visa Signature® Card, you’ll receive an economy companion ticket good for 12 months.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. Decline the rental company’s collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your card. Coverage is provided for theft and collision damage for most rental cars in the U.S. and abroad. In the U.S., coverage is secondary to your personal insurance
- Baggage Delay Insurance. Reimburses you for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Purchase Protection. Covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement. If you or your immediate family members’ checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost by the carrier, you’re covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Extended Warranty Protection. Extends the time period of the U.S. manufacturer’s warranty by an additional year, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
Frequent Aer Lingus flyers out there, consider signing up for their Visa Signature Card if you love being rewarded for big purchases.
This is a card that you don’t want to miss out on. Maximize your savings and spending on travel with this simple card. For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
*Aer Lingus Visa Signature® is issued by Chase Bank. Check out their great sign-up bonuses for Checking/Savings accounts.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.