If you’re a frequent Walmart shopper, consider signing up for the Walmart Rewards Card from Capital One! It currently has an introductory offer where you can earn 5% back in Walmart stores for the first 12 months when you pay using Walmart Pay.
With this no annual fee card, you can earn unlimited rewards for the things you buy everywhere, everyday, start earning up to 5% back on your eligible purchases! This credit card offers a great return on spending for groceries made at Walmart, however, this card isn’t the best card for everyday spending, since it’s a targeted store card that earns specific rewards.
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months.||Citi Premier® Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months
|The Platinum Card® from American Express 80K Points after $6,000 spend within 6 months||Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card 75K Points after $4,000 spend within 3 months|
|American Express® Gold Card 60K Points after $4,000 spend within 6 months||Citi CustomSM Cash Card $200 Bonus after $750 spend within 3 months|
|Chase Freedom FlexSM $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months||Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20K spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express $250 Welcome Offer after $3,000 spend within 6 months||Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $200 Welcome Offer after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.|
|Ink Business Preferred® Card 100K Points after $15,000 spend within first 3 months||Ink Business Unlimited® Credit Card $750 Bonus after $6,000 spend within 3 months|
|U.S. Bank Altitude® Go Visa Signature® Card $200 Bonus after $1,000 spend within 90 days||Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card $200 Bonus after $500 spend within 3 months|
* The Walmart Rewards Card is issued by Capital One. They also offer great sign-up bonuses. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Walmart Rewards Card Summary
|Bonus Available||No sign up bonuses, but for the first 12 months after account opening, you can earn 5% back on in-store purchases made through Walmart Pay, Walmart’s digital wallet.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
Here’s an alternative link to apply at Walmart.
(Visit Walmart to learn more about this card and its features)
Recommended Free Credit Score (Get Free Score)
Redeem Rewards Your Way
With the Capital One Walmart Rewards Master card, it’s easy to put your earnings to good use. There is no minimum on how much you can redeem and you have a variety of options for using your points.
- Cover a purchase: Use rewards during checkout at Walmart.com
- Statement credit: Redeem rewards to lower your account balance
- Gift cards: Redeem for gift cards from Walmart or other retailers
- Travel: Redeem rewards for flights, hotels, and more!
No matter how you redeem your points, they’ll always be worth a $0.01 each, and they’ll never expired as long your account is open and in good standing.
Please note that even if you bank with Capital One, literal cashback is not an option as a deposit to a checking or savings account.
Walmart Rewards Card Top Features
You can earn points and can be redeemed in any amount at any time.
- 5% back on purchases at Walmart.com and items purchased through the Walmart app.
- This includes items you order online (including items you buy online for in-store pickup as well as for Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery)
- 2% back for in-store purchases, including those made at Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations
- 2% back at travel and restaurants
- 1% back on all other purchases
You can redeem your rewards towards a purchase, statement credit, applying your points during online checkout at Walmart.com, using them for gift cards, or for booking travel through Capital One Travel portal.
Get retail protection like price protection and extended warranty coverage.
- Car rental insurance (secondary).
- Roadside assistance.
- Travel accident insurance, baggage delay insurance, trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Travel assistance and concierge services.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Capital One Walmart Rewards credit card.
Other Cardholder Benefits
- Security alerts: Get notified via text, email, and phone if Capital One notices potential suspicious activity on your account.
- $0 Fraud Liability: If your card is lost or stolen, you will not be responsible for unauthorized charges.
- Capital One mobile app: Manage your account anywhere, anytime. Pay your bill, view your balance, check transactions & more.
- Card Lock: Effortlessly lock your card with a few taps if it has been misplaced, lost or stolen.
If you already do most of your shopping at Walmart, the Capital One Walmarts Rewards card will benefit you even more! Get rewarded for any Walmart-related purchases, and other categories!
Take advantage of the cashback ability you’ll easily earn on all purchases, every day at Walmart! See the latest Capital One promotions and our full list of credit card promotions for all your credit card needs!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.