Attention all American Express Cardholders! There is currently a American Express Platinum Upgrade Promotion where you can get 60,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in first 3 months of card upgrade.
In addition to that amazing bonus you also get 5x points per $1 spent on travel related purchases such as with airlines, American Express purchases, or hotel bookings made on the American Express travel website. If you have an American Express card and have been wanting to upgrade to the American Express Platinum card, this is the perfect time to upgrade.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $8,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.
Platinum Card from American Express Summary
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Upgrade.
- Earn 5X points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel
- Earn 5X points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com
- Earn 1X Membership Rewards points on all eligible purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- $550 annual fee
Platinum Card from American Express Benefits
- 5X Air: Remember that you can earn 5X points if you book flights directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 1,000 Global Lounge Collection: Enjoy complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges if you arrive too early or if that layover was extended with additional delays. You’ll never have to be stressed and without a place to rest. You can access lounges in over 120 countries and you get access into The Centurion® lounge network, the International American Express lounges, Delta Sky Clubs®, and Airspace Lounges. In addition to the amazing lounge accees you also get enrolled in Priority Pass™ Select!
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Have you ever went on a trip and on your return trip you packed too much and have to check in your bag? Well with the Platinum Amex you can rest assured that checking in a bag isn’t going to cost you an arm and a leg. They will provide you $200 airline fee credit every year. So any purchases with a qualifying airline will be eligible for you to receive statement credit for that amount. So relax, don’t pull around your luggage and buy an in-flight meal on American Express.
- $200 Uber Savings Annually: Great news for those that are always traveling, if you have your American Express Platinum card linked with your uber account you will earn up to $200 uber savings each year! If you wanted to partake in ride-sharing but haven’t because of the fees well this card is your answer to take advantage of Uber each and every year.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check: Traveling has been harder and harder but with TSA Pre-check and Global Entry you can bypass crazy lines during busy airport times. Wait, you don’t have one? Well don’t fret, with this car, start and application to apply for one and pay with this card as they will give you statement credit in the amount of your application cost. How great is that? You get the privilege to not take off your shoes and you don’t have to take out your liquids in security lines. That’ll save you time if you’re running late!
- Hotel Gold Status: Get gold status from SPG, Marriott, and Hilton with the American Express Platinum Card. This status gives you access to many hotel perks and benefits.
|Best Credit Card Categories
|No Annual Fee
|No Foreign Transaction Fee
At initial glance, the $550 annual fee does seem big. However, the cost is definitely justified by all the benefits you’ll receive. The offer can greatly benefit American Express card holders because they can simply upgrade their card to receive a 60,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months of your account upgrade.
There are tons of other perks such as purchase and return protection, extended purchase warranty, travel/bag/car insurance, and access to the Platinum concierge service. So if you’re on the market for a new credit card, the Platinum Card® from American Express could be the one for you.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
|HSBC Premier Checking Account: New customers may earn up to $4,000 when they open an eligible HSBC Premier checking account from January 8, 2024 through March 27, 2024 ("Offer Period") and complete qualifying activities. Member FDIC Terms
|BMO Relationship Checking: Earn $400 cash bonus when you have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Relationship Checking Review
|U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking: Earn up to $800 when you open a new U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking account and a Standard Savings account and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through March 12, 2024. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy up to $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Get more from a personalized relationship when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review