The American Express® Gold Card is offering 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
You can now get up to $100 a year for incidental fees with your selected airline. Cardholders earn 4X Membership Rewards® points when you dine at restaurants worldwide. Also earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X). Then, earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com. You can use points for gift cards for dining, entertainment, and to shop over 500 of some of your favorite brands.
American Express Gold Card Summary
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
Why You Should Apply For This Card
Welcome Offer: Earn 35,000 points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months. The Membership Rewards program is versatile since you can redeem your points from over 500 leading brands for travel, gift cards, statement credits, merchandise or entertainment. For example, the 35,000 points can be redeemed for up to $350 in gift cards.
$100 Airline Fee Credit: Enjoy up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
Membership Rewards Benefits: You earn 3 points per dollar on flights booked with airlines when you pay with your card. This must be booked directly with passenger airlines. Then earn 2 points per dollar on groceries at U.S. supermarkets, at U.S. gas stations, and at U.S. restaurants. Make sure your purchases are from stand-alone supermarkets and stand-alone gas stations. Finally, you earn 1 point for all other eligible purchases.
- Purchase Protection. If you bought something within 90 days with your credit card that got lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged, American Express will pay to repair or replace it. This benefit is available for up to $1,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended Warranty. You typically get 1 or 2 years of warranty for buying appliances or electronics from the manufacturer. Use your Premier Rewards Gold Card and get an additional year of extended warranty for the items you purchased. This benefit is available for items that have 5 years or less of warranty.
- Return Protection. Stores can simply refuse to take your returns without a receipt or find an excuse to do so. However, buy it with your Gold Rewards Card and American Express may refund the full purchase price within 90 days of purchase. This benefit is available for up to $300 per eligible item and up to $1,000 annually.
- Hotel Collection Benefits. Book at least two consecutive nights with your card at Amex Hotel Collection site. Then, get up to $75 hotel credit such as dining, spa purchases, and resort activities. Terms and limitations apply.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance. Pay with your Gold Rewards Card and get secondary collision coverage on eligible car rentals when you pay with your Gold Card. Plus you also get the 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Luggage Insurance and Travel Accident Insurance. Get luggage insurance up to $1,250 for carry-ons and $500 for checked luggage if they get lost, stolen, or damaged (on common carrier tickets). Then, get up to $100,000 in travel accident insurance at no additional cost for all eligible common carrier travel. Both benefits are available to you as long as you paid with your Gold Rewards Card.
- Global Assist Hotline and Fast Card Replacement. American Express offers emergency assistance 24/7 for access to emergency cash, help with your passport, get a lost card replaced quickly, referrals to medical providers, and much more.
Other benefits include Roadside Assistance for up to 4X a year. It includes complimentary 24/7 towing up to 10 miles, jump starts, fuel delivery up to 2 gallons, and lock-out service anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. Get extra perks and upgrades to special events and exclusive tickets to in-demand concerts. You can also use the Membership Rewards program to transfer points to select airlines and hotels programs at a 1-to-1 basis. Some popular programs include Starwood Preferred Guess, Hilton Honors, British Airways, Virgin America, Delta Skymiles, and much more. Since this is a charge card, you must pay off the balance in full each month with no worry about paying high interest rates and fees.
The American Express® Gold Card offers many benefits and features with high rewards on spending! This highly rated card from American Express is a favorite among the traveling community. Apply online now and you will get a response within minutes. Don’t forget the annual fee for this card $250, which seems high, but the benefits far outweigh this fee! See our full list of Credit Card Promotions.
Learn more about this card and its features here.