Update 02/06/2018: Northpointe Bank has lowered the Interest Rate for the Ultimate Account from 5% to 1%.We received confirmation from CSR that this is a permanent decision, and they have sent out a letter letting account holders know that these changes will become effective starting March 01, 2018. They are still offering Ultimate Savings (1.12% APY) & Money Market (0.40% on balances $25,000-$1,000,000) accounts.
Available nationwide, Northpointe Bank was offering you an attractive rate offer on their Rewards Checking UltimateAccount. They were previously offering you a 5.00% APY on balances up to $10,000 when you follow a few simple requirements, however now they are offering you a 1.00% APY. Also, once you become a member, you can enjoy great features such as 24/7 access to online banking, mobile banking, and bill pay. Make sure you read below to get more details!
|BMO Relationship Checking: Earn $600 cash bonus when you open a new Relationship Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 120 days. Learn More---BMO Relationship Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking: Earn up to $1,000 when you open a new U.S. Bank Smartly® Checking account and a Standard Savings account and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through September 6, 2023. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB923 by 12/14/2023 along with a competitive interest rate of 4.30% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy up to $3,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Get more from a personalized relationship when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review|
Northpointe Bank Rewards Checking:
- Learn More
- Account Type: Ultimate Checking Account
- Interest Rate: 1.00% APY
- Minimum Balance: $0.01
- Maximum Balance: $10,000
- Availability: Nationwide (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None, but changes are effective as of 03/01/2018
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Opening Deposit: $100 minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $100
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Fee: None
- Additional Requirements: Enroll in e-statements and have $1,000 or more in debit card purchases
- Closing Account Fee: $10 if account is closed within 120 days of the date opened
- Insured: FDIC
How To Earn Up to 1.00% APY Rate:
- Make $1,000 or more in debit card purchases (PIN or signature based) that post or settle during the statement period.
- Then enroll in e-Statements.
Note: Non-Qualified Balances will earn an Interest Rate of 0.05% and an APY Rate of 0.05%.
If you are currently in the market looking for a reliable place to stash your funds, you may want to check out other banks or credit unions. Northpointe Bank’s previous 5% APY Rate was good, however their new 1% Rate is no longer worth it. However, we have composed a list of great accounts where you’re able to earn a high rate, so make sure you check out our Best Bank Rates!
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $8,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.