Update 02/06/2018: Northpointe Bank has lowered the Interest Rate for the Ultimate Account from 5% to 1%.We received confirmation from CSR that this is a permanent decision, and they have sent out a letter letting account holders know that these changes will become effective starting March 01, 2018. They are still offering Ultimate Savings (1.12% APY) & Money Market (0.40% on balances $25,000-$1,000,000) accounts.
Available nationwide, Northpointe Bank was offering you an attractive rate offer on their Rewards Checking UltimateAccount. They were previously offering you a 5.00% APY on balances up to $10,000 when you follow a few simple requirements, however now they are offering you a 1.00% APY. Also, once you become a member, you can enjoy great features such as 24/7 access to online banking, mobile banking, and bill pay. Make sure you read below to get more details!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021 along with a competitive interest rate of 0.40% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus. No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
Table of Contents
Northpointe Bank Rewards Checking:
- Learn More
- Account Type: Ultimate Checking Account
- Interest Rate: 1.00% APY
- Minimum Balance: $0.01
- Maximum Balance: $10,000
- Availability: Nationwide (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None, but changes are effective as of 03/01/2018
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Opening Deposit: $100 minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $100
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Fee: None
- Additional Requirements: Enroll in e-statements and have $1,000 or more in debit card purchases
- Closing Account Fee: $10 if account is closed within 120 days of the date opened
- Insured: FDIC
How To Earn Up to 1.00% APY Rate:
- Make $1,000 or more in debit card purchases (PIN or signature based) that post or settle during the statement period.
- Then enroll in e-Statements.
Note: Non-Qualified Balances will earn an Interest Rate of 0.05% and an APY Rate of 0.05%.
If you are currently in the market looking for a reliable place to stash your funds, you may want to check out other banks or credit unions. Northpointe Bank’s previous 5% APY Rate was good, however their new 1% Rate is no longer worth it. However, we have composed a list of great accounts where you’re able to earn a high rate, so make sure you check out our Best Bank Rates!
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 10X points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.