If you purchased Templeton Rye Whiskey between 1/2/2006 and 7/21/2015, you are entitled to up to $36 from the Templeton Rye Whiskey Class Action Lawsuit. This settlement resolves a lawsuit accusing the company of engaging in deceptive marketing by failing to adequately disclose that its rye whiskey product was distilled in the state of Indiana. According to the plaintiffs, the product was marketed as “small batch” and “made in Iowa” even though it was actually distilled in Indiana. As a result of this class action lawsuit, the defendant has also agreed to modify its labeling and website to remove the phrases “Small Batch” and “Prohibition-Era Recipe.” It will also modify the back panel of the Templeton Rye whiskey label to disclose that the product is distilled in Indiana. Templeton denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to settle the matter outside of court.
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $225 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $150 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account: Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and use their Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening. Learn More---Aspiration Review|
Templeton Whiskey Class Action Lawsuit:
- Templeton Rye Whiskey Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 11/18/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone in the United States who purchased bottles of Templeton Rye whiskey or purchased alcoholic beverages containing Templeton Rye whiskey between 1/1/2006 and 7/21/2015
- Estimated Amount:
- If you submit a Claim Form with proof of purchase, you will be entitled to a payment of $6 per bottle of Templeton Rye whiskey purchased, up to a maximum of six bottles per Class Member.
- If you do not provide proof of purchase when you file a claim, you will be eligible for a payment of $3 per bottle of Templeton Rye purchased, up to a maximum of six bottles per Class Member.
- If you purchased alcoholic beverages containing Templeton Rye whiskey at a bar or restaurant, you will be eligible to receive a payment of $1 per beverage, subject to a cap of five drinks.
- Proof of Purchase: Not required
- Case Name & Number: Aliano, et al. v. Templeton Rye Spirits LLC, Case No. 2014-CH-15667, in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois
If you have purchased any Templeton Rye Whiskey products, you deserve to be reimbursed by the Templeton Rye Whiskey Class Action Lawsuit. Unfortunately, the company made false claims about where the product was distilled, so they are making a marketing and labeling change to the whiskey and paying class members up to $36 for valid claims. You can find even more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from the HMB list.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).