United Federal Credit Union is offering a $50 bonus when you refer friends and family members to join and open a checking account.
To get started, you must refer new members to United FCU by giving them your referrals email address. To earn the $50 referral bonus, your referral will have to open a qualifying checking account and either set up a direct deposit of $250 or make 10 debit transactions within 60 days. Finally, you will earn a $50 gift card through the mail within 6 weeks.
Once all the requirements are met, you will have access to a range of features to better your banking experience. If you are interested, be sure to check out this promotion as well as other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Eligibility: For more information on if you are eligible to join United FCU, check out their full list of Membership Eligibility.
Credit goes to Lindsay for letting us know about this promotion. If you’d like to participate in our Rewards Program, simply contact us when you find a new bank promotion and get paid up to $15!
Editor’s Note: Here is an alternative link for the same promotion!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021 along with a competitive interest rate of 0.40% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus. No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
Table of Contents
United FCU $50 Bonus Info
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: AR, IN, MI, NC, NV, OH (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None listed
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown, Let us know
- ChexSystems: Unknown, Let us know
- Opening Deposit: $50
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Fee: None
- Additional Requirements: See below
- Household Limit: 10 per year
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
What Triggers Direct Deposit? Alternative Methods
Many bank bonuses require you to make real direct deposit from your job to receive the sign up bonus. However, switching to your real paycheck can be frustrating and time consuming. You can find alternative methods below which many readers have reported to trigger direct deposit to receive the sign up bonus.
Simply set up ACH transfers from these institutions to trigger direct deposit. Again, Your Mileage May Vary(YMMV). Please help us with your experience if you find a different method or to confirm a current method for direct deposit in the comments section below.
How To Earn United FCU $50 Bonus
- Open a Rewards or Ultra checking account from United Federal Credit Union with a $50 minimum deposit
- Your referral will then have to fullfill one of the requirements within 60 days:
- Set up to receive one recurring payroll or government direct deposit of $250 or more.
- 10 cleared signature (sign or non-PIN) debit card transactions.
- $50 Reward card will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks of qualification.
How to Avoid Monthly Fees
- Rewards Checking: There are no monthly service fees
- Ultra Checking: There are no monthly service fees
Make sure you check out United Federal Credit Union to learn more about the $50 bonus promotion. Don’t forget, the $50 bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
Feel free comment below and let us know about how it went and if you could fund your account with credit card or not. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide. If you would like to see more, check out our full list of Bank Referrals for all your banking needs.