Find the latest University Federal Credit Union CD Rates, Offers, and Promotions here.
Best CD Rates: 5.00% APY 48-Month CD, $1k minimum deposit.
Availability: Nationwide. Easy membership requirement through joining the ACC.
Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
About University Federal Credit Union
The University Federal Credit Union was established in 1936 and has since grown to serve Central Texas and Galveston County.
University Federal Credit Union offers a vast array of products including CD options for all of your specific financial needs. From checking and savings account to loans and CDs, you are bound to find one that works for you.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, you can join University Federal Credit Union for almost any U.S. citizen or resident alien who has a valid Social Security number and a U.S. address. You can simply join American Consumer Council qualifies for UFCU membership described in UFCU’s “Become A Member” page.
Other ways of joining include:
- School Relationship: Students, alumni, and employees of more than 25 colleges/universities (including Texas State University and the University of Texas at Austin) qualify for membership.
- Employment/Affiliation: Employees and members of nearly 180 companies and more than 30 companies are also eligible to join.
- Family Relationship: Immediate family members of current UFCU members are welcome to apply.
Joining UFCU and/or opening a 48-month Fixed CD* can be done online or at any of 22 Texas branches located in Austin (14), Cedar Park, Galveston, Kyle, League City, Pflugerville, Round Rock (2), and San Marcos.
Standard CD Rates
|Term||APY Rate||Minimum Deposit|
*Rates Effective As Of 02/21/2023. The 5% rate is not showing on the website, so give them a call (512) 467-8080 to confirm.
University Federal Credit Union CD Rates
CDs are a certificate issued by a bank to a person depositing money for a specified length of time. Usually the longer of a term, the higher APY rate you make.
With as little as $1,000, you can invest in a University Federal Credit Union CD account to maximize your earnings. Compare their offering now to find the solutions that fit best with your savings goals. If you’re interested in making a higher rate than a traditional savings account then make sure to check out below CD rates.
- Minimum deposit: $1,000
- Maximum deposit: None
- Early withdrawal penalty: 90 days interest on the amount withdrawn
Editor’s Note: Your only option for funding when opening a new membership is a debit card transaction. Open up a membership first, then fund your account with a debit card.
|Compare to the best CDs such as Sallie Mae Bank 27-Month CD (5.15% APY), Blue Federal Credit Union 15-Month CD (5.15% APY), First Mid Bank & Trust 9-Month CD (5.10% APY), FVCbank 12-Month No Penalty CD (5.06% APY), CIT Bank 6-Month CD (5.00% APY), and CIT Bank 11-Month No Penalty CD (4.90% APY).|
Important Details for University Federal Credit Union
- Funding – After membership application is approved, ACH, wire (no fee) or Shared Branch transaction.
- CO-OP Shared Branch Participant – Yes.
- Dividends – Compounded/credited monthly. Cannot be withdrawn penalty-free.
- Maturing Funds – Default is a transfer to Savings account. Funds can then be distributed by ACH, wire ($20 fee), cashier’s check.
- Beneficiaries – Unlimited with equal shares, Social Security numbers are required.
- Grace Period –7 calendar days before automatic renewal.
University Federal Credit Union CD Features
- Low minimum balance requirement
- Competitive rates on all CD terms
- Free online and mobile banking
- Insured by the FDIC up to the maximum allowed by law
With a unique selection of CD lengths to choose from, you can be sure to find an account that best fits all your banking needs. Take advantage of a low required minimum balance of just $1,000.
This is ideal for accounts like Certificate of Deposits, which require very little maintenance. The rates are worth a look, but always compare them with the nation’s best using our guides: CD Rates | Savings Rates.
*While University Federal Credit Union does have competitive rates with their launch, their product line is limited. I recommend to take a look at Discover Bank Promotions here
This is a great opportunity to invest in a high-interest CD from University Federal Credit Union. However, you may want to compare them with our best CD Rates:
- Best 6-Month CD Rates
- Best 9-Month CD Rates
- Best 12-Month CD Rates
- Best 18-Month CD Rates
- Best 24-Month CD Rates
- Best 36-Month CD Rates
- Best 48-Month CD Rates
- Best 60-Month CD Rates
You might even find yourself earning more than a regular savings account. Be sure to apply as soon as you can to start your new account experience. Check back often for the latest University Federal Credit Union CD rates!
Disclaimer: Rates / APY terms above are current as of the date indicated. These quotes are from banks, credit unions and thrifts. Bank, thrift and credit union deposits are insured by the FDIC or NCUA. Contact the bank for the terms and conditions that may apply to you. Rates are subject to change without notice and may not be the same at all branches.
Leave a Reply