University of Illinois Community Credit Union is offering residents of Illinois a $250 bonus when you open a new Checking Account by June 30, 2019.
To get started, you must first set up and receive a Direct Deposit of at least $500 or more then make at least 10 purchase transactions with a Debit Card. After you have finished that half of the requirements, simply activate a new UICCU credit card and make 5 or more purchase transactions using the UICCU credit card to complete the second half. Once you have completed the requirements, the $250 bonus will be deposited within 60 days.
Once all the requirements are met, you will have access to a range of features to better your banking experience. If you are interested, be sure to check out this promotion as well as other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Eligibility: Anyone who lives or works in Champaign, Ford, Piatt, Douglas, Vermilion, Coles, Dewitt, Edgar, Iroquois, Moultrie, and Sangamon counties in the state of Illinois are eligible to join this credit union. Alumni Association members, Allied Agencies, Employees and Students are also eligible to join as well. Be sure to visit their membership page for additional qualifications you may meet so you can join!
Credit goes to Irene for letting us know about this bank promotion. If you’d like to participate in our Rewards Program, simply contact us when you find a new bank promotion and get paid up to $15![table “127” not found /]
Table of Contents
U of I Community CU $250 Bonus Info
- Direct Link to Offer
- University of Illinois Community Credit Union Promotion PDF Printout
- Account Type: Illini PLUS Checking, Loyalty Checking, iChecking Account
- Availability: IL (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: 06/30/2019
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown, Let us know
- ChexSystems: Unknown, Let us know
- Opening Deposit: $100 (Illini, Loyalty)
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, $500+
- Monthly Fee: $0 – $6
- Additional Requirements: See below
- Household Limit: One per customer
- Closing Account Fee: None listed, check with CSR
What Triggers Direct Deposit? Alternative Methods
Many bank bonuses require you to make real direct deposit from your job to receive the sign up bonus. However, switching to your real paycheck can be frustrating and time consuming. You can find alternative methods below which many readers have reported to trigger direct deposit to receive the sign up bonus.
Simply set up ACH transfers from these institutions to trigger direct deposit. Again, Your Mileage May Vary(YMMV). Please help us with your experience if you find a different method or to confirm a current method for direct deposit in the comments section below.
How To Earn UICCU $250 Bonus
- Open a new Checking Account from University of Illinois Community Credit Union by June 30, 2019.
- Within 60 days of account opening, complete the following to earn the initial $100 bonus:
- Establish a Direct Deposit of $500 or more
- Make 10 or more purchase transactions with UICCU Debit Card
- To earn the additional $150 bonus, complete the following within 60 days as well:
- Activate a new UICCU credit card
- Make 5 or more purchase transactions using your UICCU credit card
- Once you have completed the requirements, the bonus amount will be deposited within 60 days after meeting the requirements.
How to Avoid Monthly Fees
- Illini Plus Checking: $6 monthly fee, unavoidable
- Loyalty Checking: $6 monthly fee waived with:
- Direct Deposit of $500+, OR
- 6 electronic withdrawals from account, OR
- Monthly average balance of $500+
- iChecking: No monthly service fees
Make sure you check out University of Illinois Community Credit Union to learn more about the $250 bonus promotion. Don’t forget, the $250 bonus will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. Be sure to take advantage of this promotion since the requirements are pretty easy and straightforward.
Feel free comment below and let us know about how it went and if you could fund your account with credit card or not. We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide. If you would like to see more, check out our full list of Bank Promotions for all your banking needs.