The Featured 0% Balance Transfer & Purchase Cards are available below from longest 21 months to the lowest 12 months intro period. If you are carrying a high balance and paying interest each month, you can save a lot of money by doing a balance transfer of your balance to a 0% intro offer credit card. It’s important to factor in the balance transfer fee of 3% of your total balance. Some cards below also have sign up bonus which can help you offset the balance transfer fee. After doing a balance transfer, simply pay the minimum each month and pay no interest for the duration of your terms. However, I highly recommend to pay off your balance by the end of your 0% intro period so you will not have to pay any more interest.
Editor’s Choice 0% Balance Transfer Card
By far the best card for a balance transfers, the Chase Slate® is offering a 0% Introductory APR on balance transfers and purchases for 15 months and $0 balance transfer fee! With no balance transfer fee for the first 60 days, the Slate from Chase is offering interest free payments for up to 15 months with no catch and no annual fee. You’ll also get 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months, then after the introductory offer, the purchase APR becomes 12.99%, 17.99, or 22.99% variable. It has been years since I saw a no balance transfer fee credit card! Most, if not all credit cards, want you to pay 3% to 5% for doing a balance transfer. However, you won’t have to pay a dime for transferring your higher rate balances to this Chase Slate card! Apply Now—Chase Slate Review
0% Balance Transfer & Purchase Cards
Discover it® – Double Cash Back your first year offers 18 months 0% APR on balance transfers along with no annual fee, no over limit fee, and no foreign transaction fee. Pay zero late fee on your first late payment and they won’t increase your APR for paying late. From July 1st to September 30th, 2015, you will get 5% cash back for Home Improvement Stores, Department Stores, and Amazon.com on up to $1,500. And 1% cash back on all other purchases. New Freeze ItSM on/off switch lets you prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. Freeze or unfreeze your account in seconds via our website or mobile app. You’ll also get free FICO® Credit Score on monthly statements, online and in our mobile app. Apply Now—Discover It Review
|Credit Cards from Our Partners||Balance Transfer 0% APR||Purchases 0% APR||BT Fee||Annual Fee||Review|
|Citi Simplicity® MasterCard||21 Months||21 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$0||Review|
|Citi® Diamond Preferred® MasterCard||21 Months||21 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$0||Review|
|Discover it® - Double Cash Back your first year||18 Months||6 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $10 minimum||$0||Review|
|Chase Slate®||15 Months||15 Months||None||$0||Review|
|Chase Freedom®($100 bonus)||15 Months||15 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$0||Review|
|Citi® Double Cash Card||15 Months||15 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$0||Review|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||15 Months||15 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$75||Review|
|Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express||15 Months||15 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$95||Review|
|Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express||15 Months||15 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$0||Review|
|Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express||15 Months||15 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$0||Review|
|Discover it® - Double Cash Back your first year||12 Months||12 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $10 minimum||$0||Review|
|Chase Ink Cash® Business Credit Card|
|12 Months||12 Months||3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum||$0||Review|
Balance Transfer Credit Card Tips
- To offset balance transfer fee, you may want to pick the credit cards with sign up bonuses. After fulfilling the spending requirement to get the sign up bonus, then you can ask for the 0% balance transfer. Make sure to do it within the allowable time frame, usually within 3 months of account opening.
- Find the best credit cards with 0% intro APR on both balance transfers and purchases. Before doing a balance transfers, always ask for a credit limit increase without a hard pull to get the maximum amount for doing a balance transfers.
- Make sure to always pay on time and never skip any or pay them late. This is extremely important because you may lose the benefit of the 0% intro APR for late payments and will revert back to high interest rate.
- Figure out how you can pay off your balance in full before the 0% intro APR on balance transfers expires. If you don’t, then you simply will go back into paying high interest rate again.
- Understand the fees you will have to pay for doing a balance transfer. Most card issuers charge a balance transfer fee of 3-5% each time you do a balance transfer. It may be possible to negotiate with the BT fee or ask them for a cap. There is no hurt in trying.