The Featured 0% Balance Transfer & Purchase Cards are available below from longest 18 months to the lowest 12 months intro period. If you are carrying a high balance and paying interest each month, you can save a lot of money by doing a balance transfer of your balance to a 0% intro offer credit card.
It’s important to factor in the balance transfer fee of 3% of your total balance. Some cards below also have sign up bonus which can help you offset the balance transfer fee. After doing a balance transfer, simply pay the minimum each month and pay no interest for the duration of your terms. However, I highly recommend to pay off your balance by the end of your 0% intro period so you will not have to pay any more interest.
Table of Contents
Editor’s Choice 0% Balance Transfer Card
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card a $150 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months.
You'll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases. You can also enjoy earning 1.8% cash rewards on qualified digital wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Google Pay™, during the first 12 months from account opening.
This card comes with $0 annual fee on top of up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card.
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card offers 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – a $200 cash redemption value.
You'll earn 3X points for:
• eating out and ordering in
• gas stations, rideshares and transit
• travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• on popular streaming services
• 1X points on other purchases
This card comes with no annual fee.
0% APR on Balance Transfers & Purchases Cards
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $200 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
You'll earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, and 1% back on other purchases.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card offers $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase made for your business and you'll receive employee cards at no additional cost.
This card carries no annual fee and you'll have the opportunity to take advantage of a 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
Balance Transfer Credit Card Tips
- To offset balance transfer fee, you may want to pick the credit cards with sign up bonuses. After fulfilling the spending requirement to get the sign up bonus, then you can ask for the 0% balance transfer. Make sure to do it within the allowable time frame, usually within 3 months of account opening.
- Find the best credit cards with 0% intro APR on both balance transfers and purchases. Before doing a balance transfers, always ask for a credit limit increase without a hard pull to get the maximum amount for doing a balance transfers.
- Make sure to always pay on time and never skip any or pay them late. This is extremely important because you may lose the benefit of the 0% intro APR for late payments and will revert back to high interest rate.
- Figure out how you can pay off your balance in full before the 0% intro APR on balance transfers expires. If you don’t, then you simply will go back into paying high interest rate again.
- Understand the fees you will have to pay for doing a balance transfer. Most card issuers charge a balance transfer fee of 3-5% each time you do a balance transfer. It may be possible to negotiate with the BT fee or ask them for a cap. There is no hurt in trying.
The United Club Infinite Card offers 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
• 4X miles per $1 spent on United purchases including tickets, Economy Plus, inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi, and other United charges.
• 2X miles per $1 spent on all other travel
• 2X miles per $1 spent on dining at restaurants and eligible delivery services
• 1X mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
Plus, you'll get 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights when you pay with your Club Card.
This card does carry an annual fee of $525. However, you can get up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Precheck Fee Credit. In addition, you'll get a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip (terms apply) by getting your first and second checked bags for free!