Emerging out of the Great Depression, AimBank has a decent selection of account options. To find out if AimBank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
AimBank offers accounts with low minimum opening and deposit requirements and have easily waiveable monthly fees.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with AimBank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with AimBank
- 11 AimBank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How AimBank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
AimBank has a great selection of checking accounts that all offer pretty good benefits.
You will need $50 to open this checking account.
There is a low monthly fee of $6, but you can waive it by signing up for eStatements.
With a $50 opening deposit, you can open this account.
There is no monthly fee, but you do have to maintain a daily balance of $500.
This is an interest bearing account and you can open it with $50.
If you maintain a daily balance of $1,000, you can waive the $10 monthly fee.
This is considered AimBank’s free online checking account, but you will still need $50 open it.
There is a small $5 monthly fee, but you can waive it with eStatements.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
AimBank has a small variety of savings accounts, but they have low minimum opening deposit and low requirements.
You need at least a $50 deposit to open this account and there are no monthly fees.
This is considered AimBank’s premium savings account and will require $1,000 to open.
There is also no monthly fee, but you need to maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
AimBank has one money market that earns tiered interest rates.
AimBank Money Market:
- Open this account with $5,000
- No monthly fee nor minimum balance requirements
- Interest is credited monthly
- Need to maintain $5,000 to earn interest
- Online banking and mobile banking
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
AimBank offers CDs with competitive rates. These CD terms range from 30 days to 5 years and each of them requires $1,000 to open.
The interest is paid no less than annually, and maturity lasts up to 10 years.
To find more about their CDs, click here.
The CDs will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with AimBank
- They have relatively low minimum balance requirements.
- Have a pretty good selection of checking and savings accounts.
- Have easily waiveable monthly fees and most can be waived through eStatements.
- Conduct all your banking online (recommended) or through the AimBank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with AimBank
- If you don’t live in Texas, then AimBank wouldn’t be that convenient for you.
- Their customer service is not 24 hours.
- They could have higher interest rates on certain accounts.
- Their money market requires a really high opening deposit, it may not be the best to invest in it if you don’t usually have higher balances.
- They don’t have a youth or senior savings account.
- If you prefer opening accounts at a physical branch, then you will have to pay the opening deposit requirements. It is recommended that you open all your accounts online if possible.
- They have a low variety of savings accounts compared to their checking accounts.
AimBank Routing Number
The routing number for AimBank is 111321063.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach AimBank at (806)-894-2265 .
A customer representative will be available to speak to you at these hours:
- Monday–Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How AimBank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- PNC Bank: PNC Bank offers free access to PNC Bank ATMs, free mobile/online banking, reimbursement of PNC fees for use of non-PNC ATMs, and many other features that can be found on their website. They have several account options.
Overall, AimBank is for those who reside in Texas. Although you can do your banking online, it sounds better to visit a physical branch and speak to a representative.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with AimBank, then apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!