If you are looking for an airline credit card designed for frequent flyers of Allegiant Air, definitely consider signing up for the Bank of America Allegiant World Mastercard.
It offer several perks that you travelers should take advantage of This card offers 15,000 Bonus Points after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
You could earn up to 3x Allegiant points per dollar spent on travel purchases, 2x points per dollar spent on dining and 1x point per dollar spent everywhere else. The BOGO Free Airfare bonus is definitely something worth bragging about.
However, there is an annual fee of $59. If you would like to know more about the Bank of America Allegiant World Mastercard has to offer, see below!
* The Allegiant World Mastercard Credit Card is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts. You can also compare this card with other credit card bonuses!
Table of Contents
Bank of America Allegiant World Mastercard Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 15,000 bonus points after you make at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit, but you get
Earn 3 points per $1 spent on Allegiant purchases, 2 points per $1 spent on qualifying dining purchases and 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Enjoy complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage every time you fly Allegiant.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
|Airport Lounge Access||Not Available|
- Bonus points
- Priority boarding
- Earn BOGO airfare
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Limited redemption options
- No transfer partners
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The United Explorer Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 25,000 bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months.
You'll earn 2X Miles per $1 spent at restaurants, hotel stays, eligible delivery services, & purchases from United; 1X miles for all other purchases.
Perks of this card include:
• Getting up to $100 Global Entry / TSA PreCheck Fee Credit
• Get your first bag checked for free (up to $140 savings per roundtrip) when you using your Card to purchase your ticket
• Get priority boarding perks & visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, the annual fee is waived for the first year.
Allegiant Card 15,000 Bonus Points Offer
Make use of Allegiant card’s 15,000 bonus points offer. To qualify for the offer, you’ll need to charge at least $1,000 to your card within the first 90 days of opening your account.
|• Plastiq - Using Plastiq allows you to pay for your personal expenses such as rent, tuition, mortgage, auto lease etc. Although they charge a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card, this will contribute to the card bonus that you will receive. There is also a referral program that allows you to earn "Free-Free Dollars" that goes towards processing fees as well.|
|• Funding Checking Accounts - When it comes to funding a checking account, opening your initial deposit with a credit card is the usual way to go about it. However, if you want to have more opportunities, you should open a checking account that offers a sign-up bonus. This allows you to work towards bonuses from not one but two different sources instead. Banks like Chase, Huntington Bank, TD Bank and BBVA offers credit card funding, and for your opening deposit, you can often fund anywhere from $50-$1000 with a credit card, depending on the bank.|
|• Gift Card Purchases With Using a Credit Card - Another way to acquire the bonus is using your credit card to purchase gift cards. Buying a a gift card or an individual merchant card typically do not require a purchase fee and are used towards leisure, so gift cards are ideal. However, gift cards such as a Visa or American Express do incur purchase fees because they can be spent anywhere, but gift cards that are specifically for a certain online shopping site such as Amazon or eBay don't.|
|As for a Citi Credit Card, you should call customer service and ask them to lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before making any purchases because Citi tends to read gift card purchases as a Cash Advance.
Ideally, you should do this with any card just to be safe. Lastly, there is such thing as a discounted gift card which can be purchased on Raise or eBay. If you use a credit card often for everyday purchases, it can build your credit score that will contribute towards paying for things such as bills and taxes.
What are Allegiant Points Worth?
Points with the Allegiant card can be redeemed for travel. Each point is worth 1 cent a piece.
When you’re ready to redeem your myAllegiant points, you have a few options, including:
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Destination attractions
You must book your redemption through Allegiant.com. There are no blackout dates or destination restrictions.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Allegiant Card Top Features
Priority boarding. Get on the plane earlier and have first dibs on overhead bin space for your hand luggage. Without the Allegiant card, you would have to pay $4 to $12 for this privilege.
Inflight beverage. Enjoy one complimentary drink on Allegiant flights. This perk will save you up to $7 per flight.
To unlock these benefits, show your Allegiant World Mastercard to the gate agent or flight attendant.
One of the best perks this card offers is free airfare for a travel companion when you book a trip through Allegiant. To qualify, you’ll have to purchase a flight plus:
- A hotel for four or more nights, or
- A car rental for seven or more days.
If you can take advantage of this offer, you’ll be making up for the $59 you spent in annual fees and then some.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Allegiant card.
Frequent Allegiant Air flyers, The Bank of America Allegiant World Mastercard is the perfect airline credit card for you. There is a 15,000 mile bonus after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
You could also earn up to 3 points per $1 on Allegiant purchases (air, hotel, car rental and attractions), 2 points per $1 on qualifying dining purchases, 1 point per $1 on all other purchases. On top of all of this, there is an offer for BOGO Free Airfare.
Use these free miles towards your next vacation! If you’re interested in what more Bank Of America has to offer, see our list of the Best Bank of America Promotions! For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
(Visit Bank of America for more details about this card.)
Who’s the Competition?
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers 100,000 bonus miles when you spend $20,000 on purchases in the first 12 months from account opening, or still earn 50,000 miles if you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
You'll earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1X point per dollar spent on all other purchases.. And when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees). Some benefits including earning up to a total of $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Boxed, and participating Shake Shack locations. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. In addition, a $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline. You'll also get $120 Uber Cash: Add your Gold Card to your Uber account and each month automatically get $10 in Uber Cash for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., totaling up to $120 per year.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $50 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
Earn now. Travel when you're ready. After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit on your Card to inspire your next travel.
You'll earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery, and at U.S. supermarkets; 1X mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
Earn now. Travel when you're ready. After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to inspire your next travel.
There is a $99 annual fee, however, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year (See Rates & Fees). Now, you'll get get more savings with your first checked bag for free on Delta flights.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.