Earn rewards on rotating categories with the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Strong Credit Card! This card offers a $150 in statement credit bonus after you make at least $1,200 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
You’ll get 5X Rewards Points on up to $1,500 combines purchases per quarter in rotating categories like dining, groceries, travel, and automotive. As well as earning 1X ABOC Rewards Point per dollar for all other purchases.
With this no annual fee card there is no upper limit on the points you earn, plus your points never expire, so you can save up for a big reward!
This card is similar to the ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card, but it provides union benefits and lower interest rates! Continue reading below to see if this is the card for you!
Note: Check out the following cards to earn one of the best flat cash back opportunities across all purchases: Wells Fargo Cash Wise card, the Chase Freedom Unlimited card, or the American Express Cash Magnet card! For a wider variety, see more credit card bonus offers here.
Table of Contents
ABOC Union Strong Credit Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get $150 after you make $1,200 or more in purchases within 90 days of account opening.|
|*Bonus Value||$150 in statement credit bonus|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
- Welcome bonus
- Reward points
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Balance transfer limitations
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
ABOC Union Strong Credit Card $150 Bonus
Take advantage of the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago’s $150 in statement credit bonus!
To qualify for the offer, you need charge at least $1,200 to your card within the first 90 days of opening your account.
Redeeming ABOC Rewards
You can redeem your points through the rewards portal at ABOCrewards.com for statement credits, travel, gift cards and merchandise. You can also gift points to other ABOC members.
Please note that the point values vary depending on what you choose to redeem them for and you can’t see specific redemption options until you’re a card member and can register your card on the rewards portal.
ABOC Union Strong Credit Card Top Features
Earn 5X ABOC Rewards Points per dollar on up to $1,500 in select categories each quarter:
- January – Monthly Bills
- Earn 5x points on qualifying utilities, cell, cable, Amazon Prime and streaming subscription services purchases. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com. Valid 1/1/20 – 3/31/20
- April – June: Dining & Transportation
- Earn 5x points on grocery, restaurants and several forms of transportation. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com. Valid 4/1/20 – 6/30/20
- July – August: Travel
- Earn 5x points on qualifying airline, cruise, car rental, hotel, travel agency purchases, gas, tolls, and ride share. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com. Valid 7/31/20 – 9/30/20
- October – December: Department Stores
- Earn 5x points on qualifying department and electronics stores, superstores, Amazon.com, and other major online retailers. Must have a registered account at ABOCRewards.com. Valid 10/1/20 – 12/31/20
Earn 1X ABOC Rewards point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus earn extra points at participating partnersr through the ABOC rewards portal!
With the ABOC Union Strong Mastercard Credit Card, it offers unique benefits for union members that allows you to skip one or more minimum payments IF:
- You are on a union-sanctioned strike for at least 30 days and your union notifies the credit card issuer of this.
- Your union has chosen “no-pay” option months.
Please note that interest will still accrue on your unpaid balance even if you’re allowed to skip a minimum payment. However, you won’t be charged a late fee.
You won’t be held responsible for unauthorized account activity, so contact customer support immediately if you suspect fraud.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Your Mastercard extends the time period for U.S. manufacturer’s warranties, on eligible warranties of three years or less.
- Price Protection: If an eligible item you bought with your card appears in a print advertisement at a lower price, you may be reimbursed for the price difference.
Get the ABOC Union Strong Credit Card if you want to earn rewards on rotating categories and save money on interest!
However, consider signing up for something else if you’re wanting a stronger signup bonus.
If you’re interest in another card from Amalgamated Bank of Chicago, check out the ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card where you can earn the best 5%/5X points for rewards card category!
For more credit cards, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses!
(Visit Amalgamated Bank of Chicago to learn more about this card.)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
The Chase Ink Business Cash Card offers $750 bonus cash back after you spend $7,500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services each account anniversary year, 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent in combined purchases at gas stations and restaurants each account anniversary year, & 1% cash back on all other card purchases with no limit to the amount you can earn.
This card comes with no annual fee. You'll be able to take advantage of employee cards at no additional cost.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
The The Business Platinum Card® from American Express has a welcome offer of 120,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.24% to 22.24% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
• 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com. In addition, you'll get 50% more Membership Rewards® points.
• 1.5X Membership Rewards points on eligible purchases in key business categories, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else. Cap applies.
Get $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
This card does come with a $595 annual fee ($695 if application is received on or after 01/13/2022). (See Rates & Fees)