BancCentral has checking accounts ideal for high spenders. To find out if BancCentral is right for you, continue reading the review below.
For those who enjoy earning interest while keeping track of their spendings, BancCentral has a vast selection of high interest bearing accounts if you can comply to their balance requirements.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with BancCentral
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with BancCentral
- 11 BancCentral Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How BancCentral Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
BancCentral has a wide selection of checking accounts for high spenders and income earners.
Those who prefer earning interest as they spend or deposit more money into a checking account can enjoy these premium ones.
This high interest bearing checking account will require at least $500 to open.
To earn interest and waive the monthly fee, you will also have to maintain a daily balance of $500.
Another high yielding checking account that earns competitive interest rates. You will need an minimum deposit of at least $2,500 to open.
Keeping a daily balance of $2,500 will also waive the monthly fee.
The highest interest bearing checking account that BancCentral has to offer. This premium account will need a pretty large deposit of $10,000 in order to open it.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $10,000, you can also waive the monthly fee.
This standard checking account is actually free to open!
There are even no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements to worry about.
This is a premium senior checking account available to those 55 and older, but it will require a larger opening deposit of $500.
You will also have to maintain a daily balance of at least $500 in order to waive the monthly fee.
An account designed for teens 17 and under but they will still need $100 to open.
However, there are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
If you are under 17, you will need a guardian to co-sign this account for you.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
BancCentral only has two general savings accounts that both earn pretty decent interest rates and have low opening deposits and balance requirements.
You can open a passbook savings account for $50.
To waive the monthly fee, you also only need to keep a daily balance of $10.
If you already have a BancCentral checking account, you can link it to this account to receive a debit card.
A health savings account for those who have a HDHP.
You actually don’t need any minimum deposit to open this account, it is completely free.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB323 by 03/15/2023
• Earn high interest rate of 3.30% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB323 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 60 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 3/15/2023, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 3.30% APY as of 12/22/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
BancCentral has one money market that earns competitive interest rates.
Money Market Account
- Open this account with $2,500
- If you maintain a daily balance of $2,500, you can waive the monthly fee
- The interest is calculated daily and paid monthly
- Up to 6 check withdrawals per statement period
- Might have to contact BancCentral for additional information
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 3.25% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 3.20% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
BancCentral offers CDs that earn high, competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $500.
The CD terms range from 3 month to 60 months.
To find out more information, you can call BancCentral or click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 1.50% APY up to 4.40% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 4.65% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with BancCentral
- They have a wide variety of checking accounts that all earn competitive interest rates.
- Offers N.O.W checking accounts in tiers so the higher the account’s opening deposit is, the higher rates you will earn.
- Their Regular Checking account is practically a free checking account since it requires nothing to open and maintain.
- They provide a student and senior checking account.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the BancCentral mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with BancCentral
- They are only located in Kansas and Oklahoma with 5 branches in total.
- Their senior checking account requires a larger opening deposit of $500 whereas some can be opened with a smaller amount.
- Lacking in variety in savings account since there is only one available.
- Could offer a second chance opportunity account.
- Lacking a holiday savings account.
- Doesn’t have a 24-hour banking service line.
BancCentral Routing Number
The routing number for BancCentral varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your BancCentral check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach BancCentral at 580-327-1122.
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
How BancCentral Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in either Kanasa or Oklahoma and tend to keep higher balances and want to invest in a long term checking account, then BancCentral can maximize your spending with what they have to offer.
Additionally, they offer a completely FREE checking account that has no opening deposit nor minimum balance requirements at all!
They are, however, lacking in variety when it comes to their savings.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If BancCentral has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!