BankFirst Financial Services has a unique variety of account options. To find out if BankFirst Financial Services is right for you, continue reading the review below.
BankFirst has Kasasa checking and savings accounts like some other banks might have, but what makes it standout from the others is that they offer checking accounts that can earn rewards on your iTunes account!
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with BankFirst Financial Services
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with BankFirst Financial Services
- 11 BankFirst Financial Services Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How BankFirst Financial Services Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
BankFirst Financial Services has a large selection of checking accounts that comes with various benefits.
Partnered with both Kasasa and BaZing, BankFirst aims to provide quality and convenient checking accounts.
You can open this high interest bearing checking account with $100.
The interest rates are tiered based on varying balances so the higher your balance is, the more you’ll earn.
There is a $6 monthly fee, but it doesn’t seem to be avoidable.
This account does come with additional perks such as reunds on ATM withdrawal fees, unlimited check writing, and protection benefits on your card.
A free checking account that will still require a minimum opening deposit of $100.
Like all Kasasa checking accounts, you can link to Kasasa Saver to build your savings automatically.
This account comes with all the same benefits as any other Kasasa account.
This is an unusual checking account that correlates with your iTunes account! You will need at least $100 to open.
You are eligible to receive purchase refunds if you manage to meet some requirements. From then on, use those refunds to buy or stream anything in the iTunes store!
With every iTunes® or Amazon® purchase, you will receive $4.95 back and there are no minimum balances to earn rewards either!
You can also earn interest as you spend and redeem your rewards, how cool is that?
There is, however, a $6 monthly fee that doesn’t seem to waiveable.
Similar to Kasasa Tunes with Perks, this checking account rewards you when you make purchases on iTunes® or Amazon®.
The only difference is that this account doesn’t earn interest, but there are no monthly fees!
Y0u will still get $4.95 back in refunds and other general perks.
This is a convenient checking account that can be opened with $100.
There is a monthly fee of $7, but doing one of the following two options down below can reduce it by:
- $0.20 for each debit card purchase greater than $0.01 that posts and settles
- $1 if you are enrolled in eStatements
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Asterisk-Free Checking® account today and enjoy:
• $150 bonus by making total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• Free to open and free to maintain with no monthly maintenance fees
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Relief
• All Day DepositSM
• Enjoy mobile & online banking
Savings Account Options
BankFirst Financial Services has a pretty decent selection of savings accounts that all earn competitive interest rates and vary in opening deposits and balance requirements.
A free savings account that can automatically be link to a free Kasasa Cash Checking account. You can open it with $100.
As mentioned before, linking your Free Kasasa Saver to your free Kasasa Cash Checking account builds your savings rapidly.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements to maintain and you can also take advantage of Kasasa Cash rewards.
This savings account is designed for you to set your money aside for a rainy day, meaning for any specific long-term goals you have. You only need a minimum deposit of $25 to open it.
You can earn competitive, tiered interest rates and interest is compounded quarterly.
There is a $4 monthly fee, but you can waive it if you keep a daily balance of just $300.
This high yield savings account offers tiered interest rates, but since it earns higher than average rates, you will need a hefty minimum deposit of at least $20,000 to open it.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $10,000, you can waive the $15 monthly fee.
A holiday savings account for when you want to set money aside for special occasions and holiday expenses. You can open this account with just $5.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, but you will be deducted an annual fee of $10 before you receive your check.
You may also not withdraw any funds early or else it will result in a penalty. Additional deposits are encouraged however.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
With the American Express® Personal Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY on your deposits. Your Personal Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
BankFirst Financial Services has one money market that earns competitive, tiered interest rates.
BankFirst Financial Services Money Market
- Open this account with $2,500
- There is an $15 monthly fee unless you maintain a daily balance of $2,500
- Free eStatements
- Free mobile, online and telephone banking
- Eligible for direct deposit transfers
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.50% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.45% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the BBVA Money Market Account, you’ll enjoy:
• Earn 0.13% APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
• Earn this exceptional rate on your entire balance
• $25 minimum opening deposit required
• Get a competitive rate, with tiered interest to grow your money faster
• Interest compounds and is credited monthly
• Easily withdraw money in branch & at BBVA ATMs w/no fees
• Enjoy 24/7 online access with Online and Mobile Banking
• Link to your BBVA checking account for Overdraft Protection
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.60% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
BankFirst Financial Services offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates. The opening deposits for each CD vary based on terms.
The CD terms range from 1 month to 5 years.
To find out more information, you can call BankFirst Financial Services or click here.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.25% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.35% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the BBVA CD:
• Earn up to 0.20% APY with just a $500 minimum deposit
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons to Bank with BankFirst Financial Services
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Offers Kasasa Tunes Checking for frequent iTunes users and users can earn cash back as rewards.
- Their Kasasa checking accounts are partnered with BaZing as well so customers can receive additional benefits such as cellphone protection, roadside assistance or ATM rebates.
- You can link your Free Kasasa Checking account with a Free Kasasa Savings account to build savings automatically.
- All their savings account earn high, competitive interest rates.
- Earn cashback with Kasasa Cash Rewards every time you make a purchase with your BankFirst debit card.
- Offers a holiday savings account with low minimum balance requirements.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the BankFirst Financial Services mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with BankFirst Financial Services
- They are only located in Alabama and Mississippi with 17 branches in total.
- Their high yield savings account has a really high opening deposit.
- Some of their checking accounts have unavoidable monthly fees to compensate for all the other benefits offered.
- Lacking a youth, senior, health, etc. checking and savings account.
BankFirst Financial Services Routing Number
The routing number for BankFirst Financial Services varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your BankFirst Financial Services check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach BankFirst Financial Services at 877-441-2784.
Their business hours are based on locations so you can also check their website for when they are open.
How BankFirst Financial Services Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you were ever looking for a way to earn cashback rewards by using iTunes, BankFirst Financial Services has specific accounts designed just for you!
Of course, BankFirst offers general personal checking and savings account, but having Kasasa Tunes appeals to a younger demographic and is a new and fun way to manage your spending while earning rewards!
The Kasasa accounts also provide useful benefits from BaZing for those who travel and spend a lot frequently.
All of their checking and savings account are pretty simplistic but still has some good benefits and earn high rates.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If BankFirst Financial Services has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!