Open a BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account and earn 2.00% APY on all balance amounts for 12 months! BBVA Compass offers a great rate and many tools that will help you save.
Their customer service is available by phone, e-mail, or by requesting a call from BBVA. Also, you can save with ease knowing that your money is FDIC insured and that the interest is compounded monthly to maximize your earnings! Keep in mind customers with an existing BBVA Compass money market account, or who have had one in the last 30 days are not eligible for the rates above.
With the BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account, you will have access to an ATM card that allows you to withdraw cash in the event you need to do so. Many money market accounts tend to offer this as a feature.
To get started, click the “Apply Now” button below. When you are on BBVA’s webpage press “Apply Now” and begin inputting your information!
Editor’s Note: The 2.00% APY is only available for in-footprint states only (TX, CA, CO, AZ, NM, AL, FL).
|BBVA Money Market||2.00% APY||Review|
|BBVA Online Checking||No Monthly Fee||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking||No Monthly Fee||Review|
|BBVA Certificate of Deposit||2.25% APY||Review|
Table of Contents
- 1 BBVA ClearChoice Money Market Rates
- 2 BBVA ClearChoice Money Market Fees
- 3 BBVA ClearChoice Money Market Information
- 4 BBVA Online Banking
- 5 BBVA Mobile Banking
- 6 BBVA Security Center
- 7 BBVA ATM Banking
- 8 BBVA Direct Deposit
- 9 Ways to Avoid the Monthly Fee
- 10 How To Open a BBVA Money Market Account
- 11 Bottom Line
BBVA ClearChoice Money Market Rates
|Balance||Annual Percentage Rate|
BBVA ClearChoice Money Market Fees
|Account Type||BBVA ClearChoice Money Market|
|Monthly Maintenance Fees||$15|
|Excessive Transaction Fee||$10|
|Deposit Item Returned Fee||$12|
|Stop Payment Fee||$32|
|Early Account Closing Fee||$25|
|Dormant Account Fee||$5 per month|
|Incoming Wire Transfers||$15|
|Domestic Outgoing Wire Transfers||$25|
|International Outgoing Wire Transfer||$45|
|Non-BBVA ATM Withdrawals||$2.50|
Similar to most savings accounts, you are limited to six (6) withdrawals per statement cycle. Fees may be different depending on your location. For more details, visit their terms and conditions page.
BBVA ClearChoice Money Market Information
- Account Type: BBVA ClearChoice Money Market
- Availability: TX, CA, CO, AZ, NM, AL, FL
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull via TransUnion
- Opening Deposit: $25
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $300 (cannot be an Amex card)
- Monthly Fee: $15
- Household Limit: None
- Early Termination Fee: $25 if closed within 180 days of opening
- Insured: FDIC
BBVA Online Banking
BBVA Online Banking provides real-time access to your account to help you manage your money when it’s most convenient. Simply log into your BBVA account and you will be able to:
- Manage your accounts and account information online
- View and download statements and account activity
- Schedule and make transfers to and from other banks
- Schedule and make transfers between BBVA accounts
- Receive and manage account alerts
- Send secure messages
How to get started:
- Visit BBVA’s website and sign in.
- Once you log in, you can view your balance and transactions, make transfers, send and receive money, deposit checks, pay bills, view online statements, and more.
BBVA Mobile Banking
BBVA Mobile Banking is a great way to access your accounts on a mobile device or tablet with their mobile banking app available on the Microsoft store, Apple Store, and Google Play Store! With mobile banking, you will be able to:
- Make deposits
- Pay your bills
- Transfer money
- Find nearby ATMs and cash back locations
- View your balances and search transaction history
How to get started:
- Download the Ally mobile app on iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Sign in with your online banking information.
BBVA Security Center
BBVA Security Center is focused on making sure your money and information is safe. With this security feature, you will be able to learn more about:
BBVA ATM Banking
With the BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account, ATM Banking is more convenient with ATMs and your BBVA Compass debit card. Convenient self-service banking allows you to:
- Make Deposits – Cash and Check Deposits can be made at most BBVA ATMs.
- Withdraw Funds – Access the cash you need, when you need it.
- Transfer Funds – Move funds between checking and savings accounts that are linked to your debit card.
- Check Your Balance – View your account balance before you make a withdrawal.
- Request Mini Statements – Opt to receive a print out of your recent transaction history and account balances.
- Get Fast Cash – Select from standard ATM withdrawal amounts and get cash.
- Receipt Options – Set whether or not you will receive a receipt when you make transactions.
BBVA Direct Deposit
With BBVA Direct Deposit, enjoy the ease of having your paycheck, Social Security, or other income automatically deposited in your BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account.
How to get started:
- Download and fill out the Payroll Direct Deposit Form.
- Take or send this form to your employer’s payroll or Human Resources Department.
- Your employer will handle setting up direct deposits to the account you specify in the form.
Ways to Avoid the Monthly Fee
The BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account has a monthly fee of $15. You can waive this fee with ONE of the following:
- Maintaining a minimum daily Collected Balance of $10,000 or more in your BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account
- Having an automatic, recurring monthly transfer of $25 or more from a BBVA checking account to your BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account
How To Open a BBVA Money Market Account
Follow the steps below in order to get started with your BBVA ClearChoice Money Market Account!
- Apply for a BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account.
- Input your info: Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Fund the account: Transfer funds electronically from an internal account or an external account at another bank
- Earn a competitive APY on all balances you put into your BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account!
BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account offers a straight-forward savings account with a great APY. Consumers seeking to maximize the financial rewards of saving will benefit from this account!
The BBVA account does allow you to withdraw from a local branch or an ATM, which isn’t a feature you have with many savings accounts especially those that are exclusively online. When you’re looking for opportunities to start a savings account, you don’t want to take a chance on an account that could cost you more to keep open than you’ll earn from interest.
For these reasons, the BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account is ideal for people with large balances to deposit, who can set up an automatic transfer from a BBVA checking account to avoid paying the monthly fee.
The account is especially attractive for earning interest on all balance amounts. With only $1, you can open a BBVA ClearChoice Money Market account. If you are not a BBVA Compass customer, and would like many banking features while you save, sign up today!
If this offer did not suite you, please visit our list of the Best Savings Rates that are filled with various financial institutions from banks, credit unions, and even federal credit unions that are offering great rates!
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account (Cashback Match)||$360 Cash||Review|
|Citibank Account Package||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|