Available nationwide, BBVA Money Market account is offering a promotional rate of up to % APY to new customers that open an account. Simply open an account with at least $25 to get started.
Even better, you’ll earn this exceptional rate on your entire balance with at least $10K deposit, so make sure you take advantage of it now before it’s too late.
BBVA Money Market Account Information
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: Money Market
- Interest Rate:
- Minimum Balance: $10K
- Maximum Balance: None
- Availability: Online nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull via TransUnion
- Opening Deposit: $25
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $500 (cannot be an Amex card)
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Service Charge: See below
- Early Termination Fee: $25 if account closed within 180 days
- Insured: FDIC
ACH Capabilities & Limits
|ACH Type||Speed||Daily $ Limit||Monthly $ Limit||Notes|
Editor’s Note: Help us with the table above in the comment section if you have experience with ACH capabilities.
How To Earn BBVA Rates
- Open a Money Market account from BBVA with an opening deposit of $25.
- Input your info – Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Fund the account – Transfer funds electronically from an internal account here or an external account at another bank.
- Earn a competitive APY rate on your entire balance no matter how much is in your account.
How To Avoid Monthly Service Charge
- The $15 monthly Service Charge can be avoided by:
- Maintain a minimum daily collected balance for each month of $10,000 or more. OR
- Set up an automatic, recurring monthly transfer of $25 or more from a BBVA checking account to your BBVA Money Market account. This transfer must be in effect at the time the Service Charge is assessed.
Why You Should Sign Up for This Account
- Get a competitive rate, with tiered interest to grow your money faster
- Interest compounds and is credited monthly
- Enjoy 24/7 online access with Online and Mobile Banking
- Link to your BBVA checking account for Overdraft Protection
- Open a Money Market account online today with a $25 minimum opening deposit
|BBVA Free Checking||Checking||Review|
If you’re looking for a simple money market account with a competitive rate, sign up for the BBVA Money Market account to earn interest on your funds. Just keep in mind that you will not be eligible if you have had an account in the past 30 days.
Sign up today because these rates can change at any time. We update our list of the Best Bank Rates every month on HMB. Find more of the latest offers from BBVA on HMB’s list of BBVA Promotions.
To enhance your banking experience, check out these credit card offers!
N E Nash says
Avoid BBVA High Yield Money Market Accounts. Truly, stay away! I do A LOT of online banking, and BBVA is the worst. I deposited $40K last summer to take advantage of a 2.4% APY. In the process, I would also qualify for a $100 cash bonus if I kept the $40K in the account until November 1 (which I did). It is the end of February now, and I still don’t have the $100 bonus. Meanwhile, the rate on my account was halved in November–to 1.242%, much lower than rates I could earn elsewhere. And trying to get my money OUT of BBVA without incurring fees is nearly impossible. BBVA charges for standard ACH transfers ($3 per last I checked). There is a monthly fee of $15 per month if my account balance falls below $10K, so I can’t take all my money out while waiting for my $100 bonus (which I want to collect on principle–I feel as if the promotion was a true Bait-and-Switch). BBVA online is NOT WORTH THE MANY HASSLES and FEES. Don’t be attracted by seemingly good interest rates. These accounts will cost you a lot of time and money.
N E Nash,