Here at HustlerMoneyBlog, we have complied a list of the best bank accounts for college students to make your life easier.
Saving and managing your money is difficult for most young adults, especially college students. Whether you are attending a local community college, a big in state school, or even going out of state, anyone can benefit from saving money. Some banks are student friendly and do not charge a monthly service fee and others offer a low fee per month.
Below we have composed a list of the banks that we believe are the best for college students. The first list is based on if there are zero monthly fees and the second list consists of banks with a low monthly fee, or if the waive-able fees.
Best Bank Accounts For College Students
Best Banks with No Monthly Fees
- Bank of America will waive the monthly fee for students under the age of 23. The Bank of America +1.32% Core Checking has free ATM withdrawals at any BOA branch and comes with the online/mobile banking most banks offer today. If you’d like to learn more about all the latest offers, make sure to read our extensive Bank of America Promotions page.
- SunTrust offers free mobile banking and has no monthly fees for five years. The Essential Checking is a great option for students to consider and you can enjoy additional features such as: mobile deposit and free standard Popmoney® electronic payments. If you want to see what other promotions are currently available from this bank, click on our SunTrust Bank Promotions page for more info.
- PNC Virtual Student waives the monthly service fee if you present proof that you are an active student for six years. PNC also has online tools which are designed to help you track your spending and your parents can receive account alerts. Keep in mind, however, that PNC is only a reasonable option if it has bank branches near the student’s college. If you are curious to see what other offers this bank has to offer, check out our complete listing of PNC Bank Promotions in one easy location!
- US Bank has no monthly fees, a Visa V -0.08% debit card, and mobile banking. Also, they will reimburse you for up to 4 non-US Bank ATM withdrawals a month. For those of you who write checks, the first order of checks is free. If you are interest to see what other deals this bank is currently offering, see our full list of U.S Bank Promotions page!
- BB&T is designed for students ages 23 years and younger. With a no minimum balance requirement and no monthly maintenance fees, this account is worry free. Also earn cash back each time you use your BB&T debit card or BB&T MoneyAccount Reloadable Visa prepaid card with BB&T Deals. With the mobile app, you can see offers such as discounts on restaurants, attractions and other services. Also, there is also a $50 Referral Promotion available that you can partake in once you become a member and refer your friends to open an account.
Notable Banks With Low Fees/Waivable Fees
- KeyBank is open to students between the ages of 16 and 24. When you deposit a minimum of $200 or initiate at least five transactions, KeyBank will waive the $5 monthly maintenance fee. They will also reimburse account holders up to $6 each month for any non-KeyBank ATM cash withdrawals. Also you can schedule payments via electronic check to anyone from your phone, tablet or computer. If you’d like see all the latest deals currently offered by this bank, be sure to visit our master list for more KeyBank Promotions.
- Wells Fargo is available to college student between the ages of 17 and 24. This account gives you a 50% reduction from the normal monthly checking fees, meaning that you’ll only pay $5 per month. Plus there are several ways to waive this fee altogether such as setting up a direct deposit of at least $500, making 10 posted debit card purchases/payments, maintaining a $1,500 minimum daily balance, or by linking your Wells Fargo Campus Card to your account. Don’t forget to also stop by our HMB master list of Wells Fargo Promotions page to see all the latest deals!
These are just a few banks that we have highlighted for the Best Bank Accounts For College Students worth looking into it. However, we recommend that you contact the bank yourself in order to ensure that it is available in your area
Just be sure that it’s available where you will be attending college. We hope you’ll make the most of your money and with the right bank account, it will help you manage your life on campus and your budget easier.
If you find a good student bank which we did not cover, free feel to leave us a comment below and we will add it to our list. We have plenty of credit card and bank promotions for you to take advantage of. You can even earn Credit Card Bonuses as well!
If you are currently looking for a great credit card with no annual fees to go along with your student checking account, check out our Discover it for Students Review where you can earn some cash bonus in your pocket! Also, don’t forget to check out our complete listing of Bank Promotions nationwide for all your banking needs!
|Discover Checking: Get rewarded with a new kind of online checking account. Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, that's up to $360 each year! There are no monthly fees or balance requirements. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Cashback Debit Review
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Promotions|
|Chase Secure BankingSM: Earn $100 bonus when you open a new Chase Secure BankingSM account online or enter your email address to get your coupon and bring it to a Chase branch to open an account. Then complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment. Apply Now---Chase Secure Banking Review|