In addition to no annual fee (see rates & fees), you can earn 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $500 in purchases on your new card in your first 3 months. That’s a pretty sweet deal for a card with no annual fee. Even more impressive, you will earn 2 miles per dollar at restaurants and on purchases made directly with Delta.
For purchases on everything else, you will earn 1 mile per dollar. Keep reading for a detailed explanation of why we think the Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card is a great credit card option for you.
Table of Contents
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $500 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||2 miles for every $1 spent on Delta and restaurant spending, and 1 mile for every $1 on all other purchases.
Receive a 20% savings as statement credit on eligible inflight food, beverages and headset purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None (see rates & fees)|
|Airport Lounge Access||Not available|
|Annual Fee||$0 (see rates & fees)|
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card Bonus Miles Offer
Make use o the Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card’s 10,000 bonus SkyMiles offer. We valuate these points around $120, see more below.
In order to qualify for the bonus offer, you will need to charge at least $500 to your card within the first three months of opening your account.
What are Delta Skymiles Worth?
The value of your miles depends on how you use them! Your booking details – destination, flight time, day of flight, class of flight, and more – will determine the trip cost in miles. One delta SkyMile is worth $0.012, it’s slightly above compared to other rewards card who are an average of $0.01 per point.
When ready to redeem, you can redeem your Skymiles towards:
- Flights with Delta
- Flights with partner airlines
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- Vacation packages
- Exclusive experiences
- Gift cards
- Charity donations
But if you want to get the best value for your SkyMiles, use them for award travel with Delta or with one of its partners.
Delta SkyMiles Blue Top Features
Earn 2 miles per dollar on purchases at Delta.com, Delta Sky Club membership or passes, Delta Vacations packages, seat upgrades and in-flight purchases.
Most airline-branded credit cards will only offer elevated rewards on airline-related purchases. The Delta SkyMiles Blue card also offers double miles on restaurant purchases worldwide.
Receive a 20% discount, in the form of statement credits, on eligible pre-purchased meals and inflight food, alcoholic beverages and headset purchases.
A new feature to the Delta SkyMiles Blue card – no foreign transaction fees on purchases abroad.
Additional Card Benefits
- Extended Warranty: Get up to two extra years added to the original manufacturer’s warranty. Just use your Amex card for eligible purchases. This applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Return Protection: If the seller won’t take your purchase back up to 90 days from the date of purchase, you may return eligible purchases to American Express. Amex may refund the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year if you purchased it entirely with your card. This excludes shipping and handling. Purchases must be made in the U.S. or its territories.
- Purchase Protection: If your purchase was accidentally damaged or stolen, you can be covered for up to 120 days from the moment of purchase. Just make sure you used your card to purchase it. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- Entertainment Access: Enjoy exclusive access to ticket presales and member-only events near you! Check out Broadway shows and concert tours, family and sporting events, and more.
- ShopRunner: Enroll in complimentary membership. Get free 2-day shipping on eligible items at a growing network of 100+ online stores.
In our opinion, the Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card is the ideal card for those who frequently fly with Delta or those who enjoy a great sign up bonus, nice rewards, and no annual fee.
With an opportunity to earn bonus miles with the welcome offer and up to 2 miles per dollar spent, the Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card is a solid addition to the American Express lineup.