In addition to no annual fee, you can earn 10,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in purchases in your first 3 months. That’s a pretty sweet deal for a card with no annual fee. Even more impressive, you will earn 2 miles per dollar at U.S. restaurants and on purchases made directly with Delta.
For purchases on everything else, you will earn 1 mile per dollar. Keep reading for a detailed explanation of why we think the Amex Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is a great credit card option for you.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Amex Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Summary
The Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express offers 10,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn 2X miles per dollar at US restaurants and purchases made directly with Delta; 1X mile on every eligible dollar spent on other purchases. In addition, you'll receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
This card comes with no annual fee.
10,000 Bonus Miles + No Annual Fee
With the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you will be eligible to earn 10,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in the first three months of the account opening. This is a relatively low spending requirement. It can be easily attained. In addition to the generous miles bonus, the Amex Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card has no annual fee! With no annual fee, you’re saving anywhere from $89 – $300 a year for a comparable card.
2X Miles for U.S. Restaurants and Delta Purchases – For every $1 spent on US restaurants and Delta purchases, you’ll earn 2 miles. Eligible purchases include Delta flights or Delta Vacation packages. You’ll also earn 2 miles per $1 spent on any in-flight purchases such as seat selection, pre-purchased meals, miles, upgrades, passes or Sky Club membership, beverages and in-flight entertainment. You can also redeem your miles for free flights on Delta and Delta’s partners. Some include Aeromexico, China Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, WestJet, and more. Plus, your miles don’t expire as long as your card is active.
1X Mile for Everything Else – For non-Delta and non-U.S. restaurants purchases, you will receive 1 mile for every $1 spent.
A Few Drawbacks
Absent 0% Introductory APR – The Amex Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card does not have a 0% introductory APR offer on purchases or balance transfers. The only way to dodge paying interest is by paying monthly balances in full.
Foreign Transaction Fee – Unfortunately, there is a 2.7% fee for transactions outside of the U.S. You may want to check out another credit card to take with you while traveling overseas.
Blue Delta SkyMiles Loyalty Program
With the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express you’ll enjoy how easy it is to travel! Miles earned within the Delta SkyMiles loyalty program don’t expire!
Jet-set anywhere — domestically or globally — when you feel like it. You don’t have to push yourself to use the miles or end up ‘losing it’. Delta SkyMiles has your back.
Reap the benefits of the loyalty program with the Amex Blue Delta SkyMiles. On top of the loyalty program, cardholders will also enjoy the awesome 20% statement rebate on eligible in-flight purchases on Delta flights.
- Extended Warranty: Get up to two extra years added to the original manufacturer’s warranty. Just use your Amex card for eligible purchases. This applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Return Protection: If the seller won’t take your purchase back up to 90 days from the date of purchase, you may return eligible purchases to American Express. Amex may refund the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year if you purchased it entirely with your card. This excludes shipping and handling. Purchases must be made in the U.S. or its territories.
- Purchase Protection: If your purchase was accidentally damaged or stolen, you can be covered for up to 120 days from the moment of purchase. Just make sure you used your card to purchase it. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- Entertainment Access: Enjoy exclusive access to ticket presales and member-only events near you! Check out Broadway shows and concert tours, family and sporting events, and more.
- ShopRunner: Enroll in complimentary membership. Get free 2-day shipping on eligible items at a growing network of 100+ online stores.
Earn Miles and Travel the World
In our opinion, the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is the ideal card for those who frequently fly with Delta or those who enjoy a great sign up bonus, nice rewards, and no annual fee.
With an opportunity to earn bonus miles with the welcome offer and up to 2 miles per dollar spent, the Amex Blue Delta SkyMiles is a solid addition to the American Express lineup.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||Up to 100,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|