BOK Financial has different subdivision of banks that offers a pretty good variety of account options. To find out if BOK Financial Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
BOK Financial was originally founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, but now have locations in 11 other states.
They have a full selection of accounts to choose from including a FREE student checking account and option relationship accounts.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with BOK Financial Bank
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with BOK Financial Bank
- 11 BOK Financial Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How BOK Financial Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
BOK Financial has various checking accounts with different benefits.
You will need an opening deposit of $50, but afterwards there are no monthly fees to worry about.
Upon account opening, you get a complimentary BOK Financial Visa® Debit Card, access to online and mobile banking and online bill pay.
You will also gain free access to over 32,000 ATMs nationwide.
There is an option for Overdraft Protection as well.
You will need at least $50 to open this account.
There is a monthly fee of $15, but you can waive it as long as you can maintain an average balance of $10,000 in combined monthly balances.
With your free BOK Financial Visa® Debit Card, you will be able to withdraw money at your convenience at any BOK Financial ATM.
You can also get free standard checks or 50% off premium styles.
You need yet again $50 to open this account.
There is a monthly fee of $25 unless you manage to keep $25,000 as an average balance in combined linked bank deposit accounts, OR $50,000 in qualifying loan balances.
If you link this checking account to your Premier Money Market account, you will earn a 0.05% higher interest rate.
You will also have access to QuickSave.
This is a completely free student checking account designed for those who are 18 and under.
There are absolutely no monthly fees so students can keep track of their spending without the hassle of having to pay a fee.
You will receive a BOK Financial Visa® Debit Card, access to QuickSave, online/mobile banking and free eStatements.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
BOK Financial Bank has a very small selection of savings accounts, but it functions like any average savings account and has low minimum requirements.
You can open this standard savings account with just $50 and start earning a competitive interest rate.
There’s a $5 monthly fee, but you can waive it as long as you transfer at least $10 monthly from your Bank of Oklahoma personal checking account.
Other ways to waive this monthly fee are:
- Have a monthly balance of $250
- Link this savings account to a Premier Checking account
This account also gains you access to the QuickSave tool.
You can have the option for automatic transfers as well.
This is just a savings account for children 18 and under, and it requires no opening deposit nor a monthly fee.
However, there does needs to be a guardian to watch over this account.
Both the child and parent will be able to utilize the QuickSave tool to manage their savings and spending.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
BOK Financial Bank has two money markets that earns decent interest rates and come with exclusive benefits.
You will need at least $50 to open this account, but it will start earning interest automatically.
There is a monthly fee of $7.95, but you can waive it as long as you maintain an average monthly balance of $1,000.
With this money market, gain access to:
- Free check images
- Free Online Banking
With a $50 minimum opening deposit, you will receive all the benefits that the Personal Money Market offers, but also gain additional benefits.
Some of these additional benefits include:
- Free incoming domestic wires
- Free check writing privileges
- An extra .05% rate increase with Premier or Select Checking
There is a monthly fee of $15, but you can waive it if you maintain a monthly overall balance of $10,000.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.35% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.30% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
You can open a CD at BOK Financial Bank. Their CDs include standard, promotional, no penalty and flex.
Most CD requires a $50 minimum opening deposit except for a standard one, which requires a $1,000 opening deposit.
If you want to find out BOK Financial Bank’s CD rates, click here.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with BOK Financial Bank
- All their checking accounts are consistent with the opening deposit.
- They offer relationship accounts. Link your checking account to your savings or money market accounts to earn higher interest rates.
- You can earn a slight increase in your APY when you link certain accounts together.
- Each savings account or money market gives you access to QuickSave to help you manage your money responsibility.
- They have a completely FREE student checking account.
- Each checking account comes with a free BOK Financial Visa® Debit Card.
- They have a wide selection of CD types and terms to choose from.
- They have a live chat available when you enter their website.
- Conduct all your banking online or through Bok Financial Bank’s mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with BOK Financial Bank
- Their free checking account still requires at least $50 to open whereas other banks might offer it completely free.
- The balance requirements for checking accounts may be difficult to meet if you aren’t a big spender.
- Their interest rates for their savings accounts or average at best. You can probably find higher rates elsewhere.
- They aren’t available 24 hours through phone.
BOK Financial Bank Routing Number
BOK Financial Bank’s routing number depends on the area you’re in. The simplest way to check your routing number is by looking at the lower left corner of your BOK Financial check.
You can also find your routing number through online banking or BOK Financial’s mobile app by selecting account details.
Contact Customer Service
You can call ExpressBank at (844) 517-3308 to speak to a live customer service representative.
BOK Financial Bank’s available hours are:
- Monday – Friday at 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. (CST)
- Saturday at 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (CST)
- Closed on Sundays
How BOK Financial Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Bank of America: As one of the larger banks in the U.S. Many may choose BoA for the convenience of locations through out 35 states. However, BoA offers limited account options.
BOK Financial Bank offers the full standard selection that most brick and mortar banks do, but you would have to consider all your options.
The free student checking account is generous in the fact that it is completely free to open on top of not having to worry about monthly fees.
You can link checking and savings accounts together to maximize your earnings as well.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.