If you’re on the verge to create a habit of saving, definitely consider the CIT Bank Savings Builder Account. The Savings Builder account is a tiered savings account that offers a competitive APY for those that carry qualifying balances or commit to a monthly qualifying deposit. As an introductory offer, all new accounts will earn the top tier APY rate for the first month.
After the introductory offer has ended, the higher APY tier can be earned by completing one of the following requirements:
- High-balance savers – Maintain an account balance of $25,000
- Build a habit of saving with Tier Boost – Make at least one monthly deposit of $100 or more.
If you really compare the rates your local banks are offering, you’ll definitely see a distinguishable difference that CIT Bank has to offer and all it takes to open a new account is $100.
CIT Bank Savings Builder Account
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 2.45% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
CIT Bank Savings Builder Account Rates
|Base||$0 – $25,000||1.17%|
|Upper||$0 – $25,000, but with monthly deposit of $100 or more||2.45%|
Base tier APY assumes the account is opened on the 15th day of the month and no qualifying deposits of $100 are made following account opening. Actual APY may be greater or less depending on the date the account is opened. See site for details.
Steps To Apply
Step 1: Gather Your Information. You will need the following information to apply:
- Account and Routing numbers (to link accounts)
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Social Security Number
Step 2: Submit Application. Apply Now
Step 3: Receive Confirmation. You will receive an online and/or email confirmation when your application is approved.
CIT Bank Savings Builder Benefits
Reasons to Save and How Savings Builder Can Help
- Make the most of your money. Online savings banks offer much higher rates than everyday banks. Open an account with $25,000 or more and earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation.
- Build a habit of savings. If you don’t have $25,000 in your account, you can still earn the higher APY Tier by making a monthly $100 or more deposit. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
- Emergencies and unexpected events. Whether it’s for a job loss, pet expense, car or home repair, or medical issue, it’s most often the #1 reason people save.
- New or next home. Grow your savings faster than at your everyday bank for your first—or next dream home.
Why Choose CIT Bank?
From keeping your funds safe to receiving industry accolades, learn more about why CIT Bank is the right choice for helping you reach your savings goals. As a top-10 online bank built on the heritage of CIT Group’s financial services experience, they are committed to grow and preserve your savings safely and securely—they’re FDIC insured.
Your money is safe and sound. CIT Bank, N.A. is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which means your deposit accounts are insured up to $250,000 per depositor, for each account ownership category.
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account, you’ll surely be in charge of your savings. If you take a second and compare the rates your local banks offer, you’ll see the tremendous rate hike that CIT Bank offers in comparison. Entrust in one of the nations best rates and see your savings accumulate before your eyes today!
To enhance your banking venture, be sure to check out our list of the latest Bank Promotions and the Best Credit Card Promotions. For more of what CIT Bank has to offer, see our list of the latest CIT Bank Promotions.
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||2.45% APY||Review|
|HSBC Direct Savings Member FDIC||2.25% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||2.10% APY + $200 Cash||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||2.10% APY||Review|
|Barclays Online Savings||2.20% APY||Review|
|Synchrony Bank Savings||2.25% APY||Review|