Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card is offering 60,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
You earn 3 ThankYou points per $1 spent on Travel an Gas Stations. You also have a chance to earn 2 ThankYou points per $1 spent on Dining Out and Entertainment and for all other purchases you can earn 1 ThankYou point per $1 spent. With absolutely no points cap and no expiration of points, there’s no limit to the points you can earn.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card has no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee for the first year, then $95 thereafter.
Table of Contents
Citi ThankYou Premier Card Summary
With the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card:
• Earn 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
• Earn 3X Points on Travel, Including Gas Stations
• Earn 2X Points on Dining Out & Entertainment
• Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases
• 50,000 Points are redeemable for $625 in airfare on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou® Travel Center, or $500 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
• No expiration and no limit to the amount of points you can earn with this card
• Points Transfer allows you to transfer points to participating airline loyalty programs
• No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases*
Why You Should Apply
Up to 3 ThankYou Points: Earn 3 ThankYou points per $1 spent on Travel an Gas Stations. Then, earn 2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on Dining Out and Entertainment, and earn 1 ThankYou point per $1 spent on everything else. Redeem your ThankYou points on gift cards, merchandise, travel, cash and more. Redeem them at a fixed rate of 1.25 cents per point toward airfare tickets or hotel bookings on thankyou.com.
You can also use the Points+Cash option when redeeming for airfare tickets. If you don’t have enough ThankYou points, you can pay part of your ticket with cash. Your points don’t expire and you can earn an unlimited amount of points.
Citi Price Rewind: This is a unique perk found on all Citi personal cards. When you pay for registered items at select online merchants, Citi will automatically check for a lower price at other merchants. If Citi finds the same item at a lower price within 60 days of when you initially purchased the item, you may receive credit for the price difference.
You must pay for the item with your Citi card to get this perk. Coverage is limited to a maximum of $200. The maximum coverage is $1,000 per calendar year.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: Keep earning your points as you shop outside the U.S. without paying that pesky foreign transaction fee.
Citi ThankYou Premier Bonus & Rewards
Earn 60,000 Bonus ThankYou Points after spending $4,000 in purchases within 3 months of account opening. We will give you more details of what you can do with the ThankYou Bonus Points. ThankYou Points are Citi’s rewards currency. There are no limits to the amount of points you can earn. They don’t expire. The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card has one of the best category bonuses that makes it easy to earn rewards with daily purchases.
- 3 ThankYou® Points – Earn 3 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on travel and gas. This category is expansive. Citi has specified that it includes airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies, gas stations, commuter transportation, taxis, limousines, passenger railways, cruise lines, bridge and road tolls, parking lots and garages, campgrounds and trailer parks, time shares, bus lines, motor home and RV Rental and boat rentals.
- 2 ThankYou® Points – Earn 2 ThankYou Points for every $1 spent on dining out and entertainment. This category is also broad. It includes restaurants, sporting events, performance theater, movies, amusement parks, tourist attractions, museums, record stores, and video rental stores.
- 1 ThankYou® Point – Earn 1 ThankYou Point for every $1 spent on other purchases.
Redeem for Almost Anything
ThankYou Points earned from the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card can be redeemed for almost anything from entertainment to charity donations. The value for each ThankYou point varies depending on how or what you redeem for.
- Redeem for Travel – Get the most out of your ThankYou Points by redeeming for travel like airfare, hotels, cruises and car rentals. Once you earn the sign-up bonus, it’s worth $750 when redeeming for travel through ThankYou Travel Center and is 25% more value. Citi’s ThankYou Rewards program also gives you the flexibility to pay the remaining balance in cash if you don’t have enough ThankYou Points.
- Transfer to Partners – Get 1 to 1 ratio in point value when transferring to any of their partners. Some noteworthy ones are Cathay Pacific, EVA Air, Etihad, Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Air France/KLM, Virgin Atlantic, and Hilton Honors. Although the list of partners lacks major U.S. carriers, they are in the OneWorld, SkyTeam, and Star Alliance networks, making your travel limitless.
- Pay Bills – Apply those ThankYou Bonus Points to pay part of your mortgage or student loan. Another great option is to enroll in a Citibank Checking account and pay bills with your ThankYou Points with Online Bill Pay with Points. Get more flexibility by combining ThankYou Points and cash to pay your bills. Also receive statement credits to cover the cost or purchases made with your Citi ThankYou Premier card.
- Go Shopping – Redeem your ThankYou points for gift cards at a value of 1 cent per ThankYou Point. You can also shop with your points at Amazon and LiveNation. Your ThankYou Points Rewards Account Numbers doubles as a virtual credit card. This is where you can receive a statement credit when shopping online anywhere MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card has excellent benefits for travel and day-to-day activities that keeps you on trend. Friends and family will soon ask how you always stay connected.
- Citi Private Pass gives you early access to concert, sporting events, theater, and live performance tickets before it goes on sale to the general public. You can also get special access to VIP packages. With Citi Private Pass, never miss an event or pay more than face value for a ticket.
- Travel Protection Benefits include car rental insurance, travel and accident insurance, trip cancellation and interruption, and lost baggage protection.
- Purchase Protection Benefits include fraud protection and extended warranty. Citi Price Rewind will refund the difference if a better price is found on the item you purchased. It’s available for up to $300 per item, $1,200 per year.
- Citi with Apple Pay allows you to add your card and easily check out or pay with your Apple device. Making a payment has never been so easy, fast, and fun.
- $0 Foreign Transaction Fee and $95 Annual Fee Waived for the first 12 months.
Transfer ThankYou Points to Airline Miles
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card provides the ThankYou Rewards program that lets you transfer ThankYou points Citi’s partners to get even more value for your points. Citi’s airline partners include:
- Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific)
- EVA Air
- Etihad Guest
- Flying Blue (Air France / KLM)
- Garuda Indonesia
- Jet Airways
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
Citi ThankYou points transfer at a 1:1 ratio with all of the above partners except JetBlue (5:4 ratio). All transfers must be in 1,000-point increments.
- Log into thankyou.com, then find the Points Transfer on the Do More tab.
- Scroll through the redemption options and choose the partner you would like your ThankYou points to transfer.
- Within a few days of transferring your points, you can see your miles in the program you enrolled in.
Airline miles are the best way to fly premium cabins, like Singaporean suites, or business/first class cabins.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card has no annual fee the first year, then $95 afterwards. They have made big improvements in ThankYou point redemption and new rewards structure.
Travel abroad with your card and enjoy the many traveling benefits such as no foreign transaction fees. Personally I’ll apply for this card myself, so don’t wait any longer and sign up for the Citi ThankYou® Premier Card today! Check out all the best credit card bonuses now!
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||Up to 100,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|