Citizens Bank and Trust, a traditional bank, offers a fair selection of account options. To find out if Citizens Bank and Trust is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Their accounts are consistent with opening deposits and have similar benefits throughout.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Citizens Bank and Trust
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens Bank and Trust
- 9 Citizens Bank and Trust Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Citizens Bank and Trust Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Citizens Bank and Trust has a small selection of checking accounts that comes with standard benefits.
Each account has all the benefits a regular checking account normally has.
This standard checking account requires a $50 opening deposit.
There is a monthly fee of $5.95 unless you maintain a daily balance of $2,500.
This checking account is available to senior citizens and can be open with a $50 opening deposit.
To avoid the monthly fee of $5.95, you will need to keep a daily balance of $2,500.
This is an interest bearing account and you can open it with $50.
There is a slightly higher fee of $12, but you can waive it if you manage to maintain a daily balance of $5,000.
Compare Checking Accounts
• New Chase checking customers enjoy a $200 bonus when you open a Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
• Chase Mobile® app - Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more -- all from your device.
• Open your account online now
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Chase Overdraft AssistSM: $0 overdraft fee when you overdraw your account $50 or less*
*We won't charge an overdraft fee if you are overdrawn $50 or less at the end of the business day. Chase may pay, for a $34 fee, overdraft transactions at our discretion based on your account history, deposits and transaction amount. If you've enrolled in Debit Card Coverage, everyday debit card purchases like groceries, may be approved at our discretion when you don't have enough money in your account.
Savings Account Options
Citizens Bank and Trust has a decent variety of savings accounts that have average minimum opening deposits and balance requirements.
Each account has all the benefits a regular savings account normally has.
With an opening deposit of $50, you can start earning interest on this regular savings account.
There is a very small monthly fee of $1, but you can easily waive the monthly fee by keeping a $100 daily balance.
A kid (under 18) savings account that is completely free in every way!
Kids can earn interest on this account as well without having to worry about any additional fees.
A specific holiday savings account that requires no opening deposit at all!
There are also no monthly fees so enjoy saving for your vacation expenses with ease.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB222 by 06/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.65% APY as of 5/25/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Citizens Bank and Trust has two money markets that earns tiered interest rates.
You will need a minimum opening deposit of $2,500 and then you will start earning interest.
Keeping a daily balance of $2,500 also will waive the $5 monthly fee.
You will need a much higher opening deposit of $10,000 to start earning interest.
There is a monthly fee of $8, but it can be waived if you manage to keep a daily balance of $10,000.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.70% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with Citizens Bank and Trust
- They offer a fair selection of checking accounts and most of them can earn interest.
- Good ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- They offer a youth savings account that is interest bearing.
- There is a senior checking account that also earns interest.
- They have a holiday savings account for special occasions.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Citizens Bank and Trust mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens Bank and Trust
- They are only in Florida. There are 14 branches in total.
- Lacking a youth savings account.
- Doesn’t provide a senior checking account.
- Doesn’t have a 24-hour service line.
- Some of their balance requirements are a bit on the high side.
- Their monthly fees vary from low to high.
Citizens Bank and Trust Routing Number
The routing number for Citizens Bank and Trust varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Citizens Bank and Trust check.
Contact Customer Service
There is no single toll-free number for this particular Citizens Bank and Trust branch, but you can check here to see if you live near a branch.
How Citizens Bank and Trust Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- BAC Florida Bank: Also located in Florida, BAC Florida Bank has very similar account options and prefers you to visit a branch in person to open any of their accounts as well.
If you live anywhere in Florida and want a bank with simple account options, then perhaps Citizens Bank and Trust has what you’re looking for.
They offer a decent ratio of checking to savings accounts without too many differences. They also have two money market accounts that earn high interest.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Citizens Bank and Trust, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!