Citizens Trust Bank offers a huge variety of unique account options! To find out if Citizens Trust Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
Judging from the large selection of various accounts that this bank has to offer, there is probably one designed for all kinds of people.
They provide both a student checking and senior checking account that earn competitive interest rates.
All their savings account also earns high, competitive tiered interest rates and don’t have as high of balance requirements as some banks do.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Citizens Trust Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens Trust Bank
- 9 Citizens Trust Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Citizens Trust Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Citizens Trust Bank has a plethora of unique checking accounts that comes with exclusive benefits as well.
Each account has all the benefits a regular checking account normally has.
You can open this checking account with $50 and gain access to various benefits.
It is recommended that you enroll in eStatements and sign up for direct deposit to avoid the monthly combined fee of $15.
There are however no minimum balance requirements to worry about.
This checking account is designed for unlimited check writing privileges for one flat fee. Open it with just $50.
Unfortunately, you can’t avoid the monthly fee of $10, but it’s not too much.
This is a standard checking account and you can open it with yet again $50.
You will need a slightly hefty daily balance of $1,000 to waive the monthly fee however.
This checking account is available to senior citizens and can be open with a $50 opening deposit.
You will also have to maintain a daily balance of $500 in order to waive the $5 monthly fee.
This account has all the benefits a regular senior checking account would have.
This is considered a premium and high interest bearing checking account. Open it with a minimum deposit of $50.
There is a $15 monthly fee, but if you manage to maintain a daily balance of $7,500 you can waive it.
The interest earned is compounded daily.
This checking account earns competitive interest rates, but will need an opening deposit of at least $1,000.
If you manage to keep a $2,000 daily balance, you can waive the $10 monthly fee.
This checking account is designed for college students. They can open it with $25.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
However, you will have to sign up for eStatements.
This is a check-free account and it comes with a Citizens Trust Bank debit card.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Citizens Trust Bank has a good selection of savings accounts that have varying requirements but you can earn pretty competitive interest rates.
Each account has all the benefits a regular savings account normally has.
With an opening deposit of just $10, you can start earning interest on this savings account.
There is a small monthly fee of $5, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $100.
This is high interest earning account and will require at least a $5,000 opening deposit.
There is a $15 monthly fee, but you can waive it as long as you keep a daily balance of $5,000.
This account earns competitive, tiered interest rates.
This savings account is designed for parents who want to establish a trust fund or save for their children’s college expenses.
You only need an opening deposit of $5 and then you can start earning competitive interest rates!
However, you will need a co-guardian in order to qualify.
The interest is also compounded daily.
This holiday savings account is actually non interest bearing, but you can open it with just $10.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements, however, if you choose to close your account early, you will be charged a $10 penalty fee.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB922 by 12/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 2.00% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 1.90% APY as of 9/15/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
Citizens Trust Bank has one money market that earns tiered interest rates.
Money Market Account:
- Open this account with $1,000
- To waive the $10 monthly fee, maintain a daily balance of $2,500
- Earns tiered, competitive interest rates
- Interest is paid quarterly
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 1.95% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 1.90% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with Citizens Trust Bank
- They offer a large selection of checking accounts and most of them can earn competitive interest rates.
- Great ratio of checking to savings accounts.
- They have a student checking account specifically available to college students and can earn interest on.
- There is a senior checking account that also earns interest.
- They have a trust fund savings account for college expenses.
- They have a holiday savings account for special occasions.
- Their money market account isn’t too hard to open.
- Conduct all your banking online or through the Citizens Trust Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens Trust Bank
- They are only available in Alabama and Georgia. There are a total of only 9 branches scattered throughout.
- The CTB Flat Free Checking’s monthly $10 fee is not waiveable.
- Their Christmas Club (holiday savings account) doesn’t earn interest.
- They aren’t open on Saturdays.
- Their monthly fees vary from low to high.
Citizens Trust Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Citizens Trust Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Citizens Trust Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
To speak to a customer representative, You can reach Citizens Trust Bank at 678-406-4000.
Their hours are from Monday to Friday at 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (EST).
How Citizens Trust Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
- Regions Bank: Regions Bank offers a large variety of account options as well. There are also CDs to help you save.
If you happen to live in either Alabama or Georgia and enjoy exploring the different options you have when it comes to opening a checking or savings account, then Citizens Trust Bank can provide that service.
Their account options range from regular consumer to specific ones but they are all unique such as the Future Savings Savings account, a trust fund savings that parents can utilize for their children’s college expenses.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If you’re interested in banking with Citizens Trust Bank, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!